• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

It does however appear to be getting taken apart carefully...rather than scrapped..

Interesting to see this and river caves have some work started in the last week or so - so soon after the loan and gyroswing stuff came out
Probably wanted to actually do something to the site and possibly after the loan came out they'd have to get a move on

It does however appear to be getting taken apart carefully...rather than scrapped..

Interesting to see this and river caves have some work started in the last week or so - so soon after the loan and gyroswing stuff came out
What has changed on River Caves? I'd heard whisperings of movement but I can't see anything obvious externally

PB Express has had the animals painted/repaired over the last couple of weeks, and general tidying up

What has changed on River Caves? I'd heard whisperings of movement but I can't see anything obvious externally

PB Express has had the animals painted/repaired over the last couple of weeks, and general tidying up
I didnt catch exactly what was going yet there was a recent post from "your experience guide" detailing it.

Credit goes to your experience guide

Was in the park on Friday and Saturday so saw them doing some work on removing the gondola Friday afternoon.

Nice to see the place busy, though seemingly after seeing countless posts this year about how quiet the place is I've managed to visit on a busy day 4 times now.

Big Dipper running on one train, and no sign of any second train at all. Glad I did that early Saturday morning.

Rode Grand National on the back row and mostly enjoyed it, probably more a nostalgic thing as it was my favourite coaster when I was about 10. (probably my zero coaster)

As the Saturday was busy and I didn't fancy queueing decided for the second time this season to watch Hot Ice. Conveniently it was the other half of the show so I've seen it all this year now.
Seemed like it had a reasonable crowd in for it, and they had someone with a microphone trying to get park goers to come in and watch.

Still think for matinees the park should be trying to attract dance groups with tickets to the park and good seats for the show. And with all the b+bs who have groups of pensioners staying, get them in for a small fee and make money on selling them food and drink.

The Beach is usually pretty steady every day during the summer holidays, it is a traditional day trip for most families in the north west.
Good to see an Ice Show hawker out.

I would imagine Dipper is using a half and half train, made of the good bits after they crashed the trains earlier this season.

Coming upto Blackpool this Thursday. Plan to do Pleasure Beach with the lad this Friday, get him on some of the classics. This is my first visit in a while. Any tips, tricks and anything in between I should know about?

Weather is bleek, so going to sun it up in the Sandcastle Thursday afternoon. Rain won't bother me too much on the Pleasure Beach Friday, hopefully it will keep queues down.

Last edited:
Coming upto Blackpool this Thursday. Plan to do Pleasure Beach with the lad this Friday, get him on some of the classics. This is my first visit in a while. Any tips, tricks and anything in between I should know about?

Weather is bleek, so going to sun it up in the Sandcastle Thursday afternoon. Rain won't bother me too much on the Pleasure Beach Friday, hopefully it will keep queues down.
Probably aim to get Avalanche and Nick Streak done early due to them being likely to build up queues very quickly. So do Avalanche 1st, and then into Nickelodeon Land for Nick Streak. Probably follow that up with Steeplechase if you want to ride that.

Maybe do Big Dipper early on as well with it being on one train recently.

Douple post, different topic sort of, no whipping.
The issue of takeaway insurance at seaside cafes, pay a quid extra for seagull swooping loss cover.
Pleasure Beach could make a bomb there.
Time they took their flick knives off them as well.

What's good food options close to Pleasure Beach? I know we have Velvet Coaster. Looking for some of the best fish and chips around if anyone knows??

What's good food options close to Pleasure Beach? I know we have Velvet Coaster. Looking for some of the best fish and chips around if anyone knows??
Bentleys is just round the corner from the main entrance so would reccomend that. (not a fan of fish myself so always get a sausage and chips)

Also nearby for fantastic ice cream (or an ice cream milkshake if your me) is Notariannis.

In Blackpool town centre I'd say Yorkshire Fisheries. Only about a 5 minute walk from Blackpool North.

Non fish based in the town centre I'd reccomend West Coast Rock Cafe (probably advisable to book in advance), The Vintro Lounge, Abingdon Market has a food court with plenty of options, also heard good things about The Bank.

Bentleys is just round the corner from the main entrance so would reccomend that. (not a fan of fish myself so always get a sausage and chips)

Also nearby for fantastic ice cream (or an ice cream milkshake if your me) is Notariannis.

In Blackpool town centre I'd say Yorkshire Fisheries. Only about a 5 minute walk from Blackpool North.

Non fish based in the town centre I'd reccomend West Coast Rock Cafe (probably advisable to book in advance), The Vintro Lounge, Abingdon Market has a food court with plenty of options, also heard good things about The Bank.
+1 for Bentley's here, absolutely cracking fish and chips.

Please Beach, love it.

My personal recommendation would be the filthy Kebab Hut just inland from the South Pier.
Shakey questions their standards of hygiene
Chicken and doner mix over chips, with all the sauces.
Then to be eaten under cover of the beach wall above the concrete steps, sheltering close to the sea wall to stop the gulls swooping in with their flick knives and menaces.
Or under the south pier if raining.

Other highly recommended are virtually all the chippies up at Bispham at the end of the lights, nice area for a wander, and Seniors small chain of chippies are very highly favoured by my punters...Red bank Rd...just googled.
A night out to Seniors and a sunset.

My own lifetime favourite...a trip on a tram all the way to Fleetwood Ferry and the outdoor counter to the chippy right by the tram terminus, on the prom.
Eaten fresh local fish from there for fifty odd years.

Then you can have the excitement of the short ferry to Knott End, where people go to die...
"One way ticket to Knott End please" is a local expression.

And the gulls are much better behaved in Fleetwood.