• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

If you're looking at riding all the coasters I'd say start with Avalanche, then Nick Streak (and blue flyer whilst in the area if you want), and then onto Revolution and Steeplechase. Those are probably the four worst coasters to queue for on a busy day.

Avalanche will not open until at least 10:30 , but Nick Streak should open at 10.

So do Nick Streak first. That should always be your first coaster as it has the worst throughput.

Then do Avalanche and I would probably head straight to dipper after that because I believe it is still only running one train. If it's on two then no need to do it early though.

After that just see what the queues are like. I wouldn't get too caught up in doing the big one early. If it's open and the queue isn't bad then go for it.

Icon is probably one to leave until later as it has the best throughput.

And finally, leave infusion out altogether!!

Oy, shakey, you forgot the Grand National...again.

How could I forget that abomination!!

Don't think it gets much of queue these days unless it's exceptionally busy . Probably because nobody wants their spine rearranging!

Not completely on topic, but this was the nearest topic...
Ride the Lights tonight, well worth the effort of a stroll on the prom to watch some of the crazy bikes and stuff...though too many powered ones for my liking recently...if you are scared by the very crowded prom.

My personal favourite was watching a unicyclist do the whole thing, on a very crowded prom, backwards, both ways!
Excellent evening for people watching from the Velvet...
Sadly I am not allowed to shove my bike on the MX5 roof.

Not completely on topic, but this was the nearest topic...
Ride the Lights tonight, well worth the effort of a stroll on the prom to watch some of the crazy bikes and stuff...though too many powered ones for my liking recently...if you are scared by the very crowded prom.
Have seen a converted Gold Mine train and Monorail carriage in the past. Plus a few Dodgems. Has anyone converted one of the ex rodent cars yet? Or did they not make it into the public domain?

Log flume cars as well, but no dead rodent as yet. Not sure if any have been sold on yet, not heard anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
How could I forget that abomination!!

Don't think it gets much of queue these days unless it's exceptionally busy . Probably because nobody wants their spine rearranging!
I see a lot of people saying this but I've personally never found it that bad.

I went on infusion a few years ago though and never would again. 😂

So we did the park Friday just gone, overall we had a great day. Disappointed that The Big One did not open due to winds (we had a named storm hit Blackpool that morning), but we still managed to have a fantastic day. I do not know if it is because I have visited Drayton Manor quite a few times with my son being a local park, but I seemed to have a much better day at Pleasure Beach with my son than at Drayton. A wider selection of coasters, some decent dark rides and everything in between certainly helped.

The longest we queued all day was about 40 minutes for Icon, didn't help that the ride went down for 15 mins while they took a train off due to a fault, the train with the spinning back seats to be specific, luckily we were just near the station by that time, so the lowered throughput did not affect us much. That ride on Icon was also my sons first time riding an upside down coaster, and he absoloutly loved it.

Got a few good rides on Nash, rode a few times with the red train from the right hand station (nearest to Alice show building) and it was a great ride, when we did the red train from the other side, the ride was noticeably more brutal, we sat at the back which maybe did not help either, I came off that ride barely being able to walk for a few mins, my son however loved it. As did I, apart from that one last ride.

We watched the Hot Ice show at 2.30, decent show, worth a watch and helped break up the day. Amanda Thompson was also in the arena watching the 2.30 show, it was unmistakably her. She was sat up at the very top, to the immediate right hand side of the AV control box for the show, the right hand side if you was looking towards the stage, makes you wonder how often she watches the show. The show was good though, with some good bits and some nice music.

Valhalla was brilliant, really enjoyed it, our first ride was delayed as the fire alarm sounded as we entered the station just after the turnstile, resulting in a full ride and queue evacuation with the ride being allowed to bring guests back to the station, but in pitch black, the ride did re open 20 mins after that though (quicker than a lot of staff seemed to think). We was first in line and on the front of the first boat back out. Have not ridden the ride for a long time, the water still has the same smell as it always has had, quite a nice smell I think. Brilliant ride though, all effects seemed to be working on all 3 rides we had on it over the day, excellent considering that never used to be the case.

I was also quite surprised at the very reasonable prices for food and drink across the park, very good and it resulted in me eating quite a bit, the food was also pretty decent. We went to Bentleys as per recommendations that night and it was the best fish and chips I have eaten to date. Very impressed. It was also a bonus that Bentleys was on the street that our B&B (The Villa) was at.

Overall a great time, really enjoyed Pleasure Beach, for all it's faults and from an outsider visiting for the first time in a while, it was a pretty good experience and one that I eagerly await to do again, soon. Staff were also very pleasant, helpful and just nice to speak to.

Genuinely come away from that day feeling I had gotten decent value for the rides, the shows, the food and drinks. Did not at all feel like I was being ripped off. I can't even say that for Drayton Manor these days. It was good to see the park busy but not packed and it had that nice exciting seaside atmosphere that the park should have and feels great when it does have it. Plus, when I don't feel like my wallet is trying to be emptied due to outrageous prices, I will spend that extra money on things like food and drinks and I did so too. Could barely walk when I left the park as I waddled out the gates, due to eating so much. Didn't help that I then went and did the large fish and chips at Bentleys an hour later. I only managed to eat the fish, that is what I went there for after all.

Last edited:
Interestingly, just had an email pushing Journey to Hell this year.
Nine rides, two with actors, one offs, unlimited rides on the other seven and four scare zones.
Forty quid, a tenner off for early bookers with a code, but nowhere, anywhere, does it say the opening hours...not even on the link details...typical naughty Beach...again.
Interesting, because the park is open until 6 with regular punters at half term.
They never open past ten these days, so it looks like you will be getting three hours for your money, in total.
But we can't actually know the probable real value of the ticket without knowing the opening hours...which...as they have not been made public yet...are probably going to be poor...because if they were good, they would reveal them before offering tickets for sale, wouldn't they?
Beach through and through...the offer isn't great, so don't tell them the actual bargain.

Last edited:
Interestingly, just had an email pushing Journey to Hell this year.
Nine rides, two with actors, one offs, unlimited rides on the other seven and four scare zones.
Forty quid, a tenner off for early bookers with a code, but nowhere, anywhere, does it say the opening hours...not even on the link details...typical naughty Beach...again.
Interesting, because the park is open until 6 with regular punters at half term.
They never open past ten these days, so it looks like you will be getting three hours for your money, in total.
But we can't actually know the probable real value of the ticket without knowing the opening hours...which...as they have not been made public yet...are probably going to be poor...because if they were good, they would reveal them before offering tickets for sale, wouldn't they?
Beach through and through...the offer isn't great, so don't tell them the actual bargain.

If you click on the booking form on the website it says that the event runs from 7pm to 10pm so just 3 hours.

I appreciate they have more rides running for the event this year and I am sure it will be popular as a result.

But £45 for three hours doesn't seem good value to me.

I wish they would just run evening park openings instead.

I’d be intrigued to understand what damage the park have done to potential return visits from their previous years’ poor offerings.

Hadn't noticed that, they can shut the park down at the overpass this way.
So less than half the park, for less than half the time, for over the cost of a full day ticket.
And if it is busy you won't get time to do everything.
Very very Blackpool.
I'm now quite tempted.