• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

£50 to ride Grand Prix again before it closes. Absolute joke, what a disgrace. Just open it for a few more weeks to let people ride it for what they’ve already paid. Sorry, but I call BS on this. The park should be ashamed of this. It looks like the rest of the park will be shut. £50 for a ride, some live entertainment and a certificate. Utter nonsense.
Absolutely ludicrous mate, I did an event with PBE (now Your Experience Guide) in 2022 where I walked the Grand Prix track for less than the cost of this farce

I dream of a day when "WOMEN" aren't in the same category as chocolate fountains, photo booths and bouncy castles in the world of events

To be fair, this is the case now for most businesses, it's just that Amanda's cultural tastes seem to have piqued with the BBC Little and Large Christmas Special in 1991. Alternatively, she's just taking inspiration from the Macks again...

Seriously though, I give BPB a wider margin of error than most when it comes to tat, but I did see 'Pit Girls' advertised at this fifty-pound a head event in 2024 and cringed. If they're that keen to pretend it's still a quarter of a century ago, they could at least bring back free entry. ;)

It's just the thought of what's being sold being..

"Come ogle at, take photos with, and dream of possessing and being inside one of these objects"

..and that not just being about the supercars...

...at a closing celebration, in the early evening, for a ride I've never ridden without a child in tow.

🤮

To me it’s conclusive proof (if it were needed) that the only reason it’s not opening this year is because they can’t be arsed / don’t want to spend money on staffing and maintaining it. If they can open it for a send-off it’s clearly not broken beyond repair, and they’re clearly not already redeveloping the area. Poor from them.

It just shows how completely not with the times they are. Am I surprised? Not really. As I've said before, new management is need for this place ASAP.
New management keeps turning up, with good ideas.
Then the park owner sacks them, or they walk out of frustration...
This would be worth £20:00, including nibbles and glass of bloody prosecco, and not a penny more.
Absolute rip off, regarding absolutely nobody's favourite ride.
Quality Beach through and through.

I'm really not convinced the Grand Prix deserved this kind of send off. I'm not against the idea for the event either but £50 is just scalping at this point

It’s an absurd price to go on a ride that hasn’t been any good for years, witness some ‘entertainment’ and ogle ‘grid girls’. I agree that £20 would be a lot more realistic. Do the park have any idea that we’re in a cost of living crisis?

Another thing worth pointing out is that the throughout is crap. Depending how many tickets they sell, those rich enough to go could have to wait ages to get on it anyway.

There’s no wonder the park is increasingly seen as a laughing stock. I bet some people will pay that price to go, but it would be funny if hardly anyone turned up.

But Mr Fuct, you have to remember that the whole of the overpass was made of the same stuff...and has been cracking in that salty air for decades.
I think it was the solid stuff, but the reinforcing steel has blown out in the past in a number of places.
The overpass has had rather a lot of resurfacing and levelling over the years.

Another thing worth pointing out is that the throughout is crap. Depending how many tickets they sell, those rich enough to go could have to wait ages to get on it anyway.
I would be impressed if all the cars are in functioning order, I'm pretty certain none are even on the track currently?

The whole thing is absolutely insane. The only good thing I can say for it, at least they're doing something

Hilarious that on the email, behind that Elite car, the picture really shows off the rust & red Traumatizer paint on Infusion.

What will they put in GP’s place though? I can’t imagine the park without that track spiral. Is it a big enough space to put anything? It had better not be replaced by a shop, bar, restaurant, or plant pots.

Hilarious that on the email, behind that Elite car, the picture really shows off the rust & red Traumatizer paint on Infusion.

What will they put in GP’s place though? I can’t imagine the park without that track spiral. Is it a big enough space to put anything? It had better not be replaced by a shop, bar, restaurant, or plant pots.

The area covering Grand Prix's spiral and the learning garden could fit a nice compact coaster in . A modern Wild Mouse ?