• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yes, exactly that Mr Person.
I think it was the only coaster style ride that was a c ticket, so it was ridden more than it actually deserved to be.
If I was gifted a family book of tickets instead of a white knuckle sheet, the water chute was always on the list.
Used to have a drawer full of d tickets!

All this nice weather we've had and the day we pick to go to BPB and it looks like its going to rain all day in that part of the country! Typical! Will be disappointed if it does rain all day.

Yes, exactly that Mr Person.
I think it was the only coaster style ride that was a c ticket, so it was ridden more than it actually deserved to be.
If I was gifted a family book of tickets instead of a white knuckle sheet, the water chute was always on the list.
Used to have a drawer full of d tickets!

Don't forget the Tokaydo was a C too :p

And a big tent was taken down to build it.
Air bubble jobbie, with a little concrete moat...car museum in it.
I'm not making this up am I?

Just on way back from here now, I’ll perhaps write a bigger report tomorrow as I cba to type loads from my phone. Just quick now though to say Icon is absolutely fantastic, especially at the back for me! Enjoyed pretty much every other ride as I took some of your advice, although one of the rides is the worst ride I’ve ever been on, I’ll let you figure that one out!:p

Just on way back from here now, I’ll perhaps write a bigger report tomorrow as I cba to type loads from my phone. Just quick now though to say Icon is absolutely fantastic, especially at the back for me! Enjoyed pretty much every other ride as I took some of your advice, although one of the rides is the worst ride I’ve ever been on, I’ll let you figure that one out!:p

I'll guess at National or The Big One? Icon is great, glad you like it

No Grand National and Big One are both great in my eyes, I’d been on them both before but didn’t know about the wheel trick which we did those time and had 3 smooth rides on Big One and 2 smooth ones on grand national, which surprised me, I honestly didn’t think national was rough in the slightest for its age. The ride I hated was Infusion, what and absolutely awful ride it is! I’ve never had my head, ears and shoulders hurting so much! The only thing that would make it better is if it was ripped out! Streak & Dipper also smooth as well.

No Grand National and Big One are both great in my eyes, I’d been on them both before but didn’t know about the wheel trick which we did those time and had 3 smooth rides on Big One and 2 smooth ones on grand national, which surprised me, I honestly didn’t think national was rough in the slightest for its age. The ride I hated was Infusion, what and absolutely awful ride it is! I’ve never had my head, ears and shoulders hurting so much! The only thing that would make it better is if it was ripped out! Streak & Dipper also smooth as well.
I have bolded the two statements you've made about the wooden coasters as I couldn't agree more with them. Thank you! I do quite like Infusion when it's running well, but when it's running poorly it's terrible.

The ride I hated was Infusion, what and absolutely awful ride it is! I’ve never had my head, ears and shoulders hurting so much! The only thing that would make it better is if it was ripped out!

I agree. It’s by far my least favourite coaster on the park. I won’t miss it in the slightest when it eventually goes. It looks good over the water, and it seems fairly popular, I’m just not a fan. SLC’s simply don’t do it for me. Having a view that mostly consists of the seat back hanging down in front of me whilst being flung about having my head bashed is not my idea of fun. Now we have the ultra smooth Icon, it really does shame Infusion, no steel coaster should be that rough

I thought I'd do a bit of a bigger overall review on yesterday, so apologies if this is going to be a long post.
Having not visited for over 10 years I was excited to get back and do some of the stuff I'd never done before, and the place did not disappoint! We managed 31 rides in total arriving at 10:20 and staying until the 6pm close.

I think it's pretty clear that Icon is a fantastic investment for this park and it is genuinely one of my favourite rides now! I would say it's my 4th favourite ride out there currently, and after having 4 rides on it I would personally say it is a back row coaster! The airtime hill is absolutely fantastic and is a stand out part of the ride along with the first inversion. Misters were turned on about half way through the time and it really adds to the experience! Maximum queue all day was 10 minutes, as were majority of the rides, which was great! A solid investment not just for BPB but for the UK as a whole.

Other standouts for me included Big One, Grand National, Avalanche, Valhalla and Revolution. We took advice and didn't sit above a wheel on Big One or any of the woodies, and they honestly rode really well in my opinion! Avalanche is a lot faster than what I remember it being so actually came off pleasantly surprised with it! Valhalla really is a fantastic water ride and I can see why it keeps winning best water ride in the world, as there surely can't be many that are actually better than it out there! I don't really know all the effects in there but lots of them seemed to be working anyway. We did wear a poncho each because it was raining pretty much all day but it didn't help and we came off drenched anyway!
Revolution is a ride that I'd never been on before and looking at it I wasn't expecting much but I swear to god I almost blacked out doing the loop backwards, which is something I've never had before. For me, that was the biggest surprise, and it was certainly the most intensity I've ever felt on a coaster which I enjoyed.

I also thought i'd comment on how PB seemed to be run, operations were fantastic pretty much all day, and it got that quiet that Icon, Infusion & Avalanche all had a train removed so were only running 1 for the latter part of the day, which honestly is all they needed. I feel as though the place was much cleaner and better presented than Alton Towers, and I they could run Alton Towers into the ground if they carry on the way things are going! (if merlin don't get there first)

The only low point of the day was Infusion, which was absolutely horrendous, and I don't feel it warrants more than a sentence to describe it, especially as we had to wait 25 minutes for it, which was by far the longest we waited.

All in all, we managed 2 rides on Avalanche, Big Dipper, 3 on Big One, 4 on Icon, 2 on National, Infusion, 2 on Revolution, Nick Streak, 2 on Steeplechase, Ice Blast, Sky Force, River Caves, Valhalla, Alice, 2 on Derby Racer, 2 on Flying Machines, 2 on ghost train and 2 on W&G.

Thoroughly impressed.

Some one has posted a video of Icon. When it goes over a specific bit it makes a really weird sound. Has anyone else seen that video?

Some one has posted a video of Icon. When it goes over a specific bit it makes a really weird sound. Has anyone else seen that video?

Not sure what that would be. I think many rides make unusual sounds over certain parts. The sound of a Wild Mouse car hurtling around the bend, out of the main structure after the back to back drops, will live on forever in those who've been nearby when its happened

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.