• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Regarding the queueline, do you think they might use the footpath that leads to the Avalanche as a queueline extension for busy days?
They can't send the queue out the south gates anymore!

The queueline is an interesting one, it appears to be just the straight line leading up to the station but the ride will inevitably need a lot more space to hold a large queue - intrigued to see how they're going to pull this off.

I'd imagine that there will be a cattle pen somewhere, but as already pointed out, none of the queues at BPB are overly long.

:)

We should remember that a large chunk of land around Icon is blocked off, so all will be revealed when the queue line actually opens for us. There's Icon stuff you can't see at the moment, I only noticed the building to the left of the Grand Prix track the other day (as the ride's closed midweek), after you pass under the GP track. Is this the Icon shop?

What do we think are the chances for soft openings week of launch? High? Its been that long since a major attraction at PB I have no clue.

I'm thinking of going for my 1st visit of season (and many to come) between 21st and 24th when crowds should be relatively low still due to schools all being in and also the ride not being offically open.

No idea, wouldn't be surprised if they just use the VIP passes for soft opening and nothing else. Actually I'm amazed their not running it during park hours 19th to the 24th and offering the chance to buy a VIP pass for it on the day.

I can’t see any reason, if it’s available, for it not to soft open. There’s going to be things that get in the way like the media day on the Wednesday. Of course soft openings are just that, so it’s likely it would be intermittent, if it is available.

With current attendances at the park, I would image the ride will be soft opened the day it is ready.
I stick with a mid May soft opening, weekday probably to keep the initial queue down.
Then silly queuetimes until mid September.

Double post...so shoot me twice.
In celebration of 100 pages of Iconography, and the end of a horrible spring work wise, rob666 will be in the chair at Mme Crevettes this afternoon at 2pm.
I will be out of the chair, riding the coasters by 2.15.
Free beer for fanboys, happy clappers, freaks and enthusiasts. Even normal people...not that I know many.
This was going to be a private message to the usual suspects, but what the hell, better take my plastic.
You didn't expect reasonable notice for free beer surely...
Edit...the round cost me less than a tenner!

Last edited:
No-one is allowed to ride until Amanda and Nick have been on, to the disappointment of one of my colleagues who was hoping to sneak a ride last week during testing.

I imagine there'll be a video of Amanda on it, or at least I hope there will be as those videos are always amazing.

No-one is allowed to ride until Amanda and Nick have been on, to the disappointment of one of my colleagues who was hoping to sneak a ride last week during testing.

I imagine there'll be a video of Amanda on it, or at least I hope there will be as those videos are always amazing.

Amanda said on Twitter that the VIP boarding card holders will ride before she does.

That implies nobody is going to be riding for another 3 weeks? I can't see that happening.