• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I miss photo updates :(. Everything is a video these days which is fine for testing updates but less convenient for general construction updates

I still do photo updates, they go on the PBE social media platforms and the video content goes onto YouTube, I like to think we have Facebook, Twitter and YouTube covered with our regular updates really.

So with the above in mind, there is photos of the new shop on PBE facebook (and Twitter) and a video of it on YouTube;

I can't wait to get on this in the summer! It really looks to be coming together now!

There’s definitely a fair bit of landscaping left to complete, but the ride itself looks ready to go. Queueline today was having some more fences installed, the ground covering over by Steeplechase was being worked on and the entrance structure is in place. There’s a fair bit of tidying up to do around that entrance area, more fencing to install for the queue, trees to theme and the exit path to complete.

The shop looks lovely! It is a pity that they did not do the station in the same style.

:)

Amanda has posted on twitter a couple of days ago it's not finished yet

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

So are you saying that they're going to remove much of what is already there and do it like the shop?

I'm sure some will like the station once it is done, and maybe I will too, but as it stands it still looks like a weirdly cladded box with a random theming object on top and some gold signage on the walls! Needless to say it is still 100x better than The Smiler's station though.

So are you saying that they're going to remove much of what is already there and do it like the shop?

I'm sure some will like the station once it is done, and maybe I will too, but as it stands it still looks like a weirdly cladded box with a random theming object on top and some gold signage on the walls! Needless to say it is still 100x better than The Smiler's station though.

I'm only quoting Amanda lol

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

Talking about The Smiler's station I remember when they first released the plans for it and how bad it looked. Yet many still defended it because it "fit the Theme" and "Oblivion is mostly concrete and that ststion looks great".

Icon being at Blackpool has never had Theme as an excuse and so we've seen way more hate thrown at it than The Smiler got. But like Rob said even if they called the station complete now it would still look better than Smilers.

I hope they will do a bit more with it but I'm really not expect much more other than doing something with the Pagoda on the roof.