• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I understand what you're saying, but it's important to remember that BPB is an amusement park and so theming rides is not as paramount as at Towers.

Fair points nonetheless, although I do prefer Icon's station :)

They're not intended to compete, they're both good and both did what they intended to do and that's all that matters, there's no competition. We've got a new family woodie and a new Mack launch but somehow that isn't enough for people?

They're not intended to compete, they're both good and both did what they intended to do and that's all that matters, there's no competition. We've got a new family woodie and a new Mack launch but somehow that isn't enough for people?

How so?

I prefer the Nash to the Dipper, does that mean I hate the Dipper? No it doesn't, nor does it mean I was the Dipper removing/scrapping or RMCing. And before anyone starts on about them being comparable because they are both wood, I prefer Nemesis to Velocity, again, I'd be gutted if Velocity never ran again after the close of play today.

As for Icon and Wicker, one I have been on a ridiculous number of times and enjoy very much (and it exceeded my expectations) the other I waited for four and three quarter hours, and after one final break down I left the queue, and returned later, wasted another hour queueing up again in the fast track line for a ride that honestly, didn't live up to the hype, and had sucked every last morsel of enthusiasm out of me by this point.

I shall leave you to work out which was which, but I hope to be back on the both before much longer, and hope my opinion on the latter changes, but people will always compare.

c254b769f148e07ac1c531c3a066d3d1.png

Well I like how Ash has emphasised ALWAYS in caps, but I also like how Mako has used the internet acronym IDK which makes the whole post cool and hip. I guess I am always gonna compare two similar posts next to each other ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nobody is talking about a Mack launch and a GCI not being enough?

Of course there is competition, it's BPB and Alton Towers, they have competed for decades! Wouldn't be the same without it :p

I think they're both fantastic, and very different rides. I can't pick a favourite because they're both great at what they do and are good for their respective parks. To have them both open in the same year is fantastic

I find it a shame that Icon's audio is already sounding patchy and broken in places, considering it has a custom soundtrack and sounded amazing on opening day.

It seems PB and audio systems just don't go hand in hand.

Can't say I noticed any audio issues yesterday, soundtrack was playing at a decent volume throughout the queue, plaza, station & shop.

Can't say I noticed any audio issues yesterday, soundtrack was playing at a decent volume throughout the queue, plaza, station & shop.
A fair few speakers around the plaza are broken/blown, as the quality is terrible and they keep cutting out. The exit track is also playing very quietly on the stairs, whereas it was much louder and more effective previously.

That's a much better advert, not without its flaws but at least it shows the product.

A shame most of the effects shown in that ad are no longer working :(

A fair few speakers around the plaza are broken/blown, as the quality is terrible and they keep cutting out. The exit track is also playing very quietly on the stairs, whereas it was much louder and more effective previously.

I'm not one to fuss over audio generally, but blown speakers are bloody annoying. Surely this means the volume was set too loud for what the speakers were capable of. Turn the music down or buy speakers that can handle it, its not rocket science!

That's a much better advert, not without its flaws but at least it shows the product.

A shame most of the effects shown in that ad are no longer working :(

Is the mist still causing problems? What other effects does the ride have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The mist not being on is just inexplicable at this point. It’s been going on for ages. The ride was designed with the mist and it adds a lot to the experience. To have it turned off is really disappointing and detracts from the experience. We’re not talking about a particularly technical effects, it’s basically just a hose. The only explanation can be that it’s causing some ancillary problems, like setting off the smoke alarms in the shop, although that can’t be too difficult to fix.

Other issues remain with the audio levels in the exit stairs and paint rubbing off the handrails, although they look to be testing a solution to that: