• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

BPB replied to the Go-Karts question on facebook:

"they'll not be operating for the forthcoming season. They were owned/operated by a concessionaire."

They'll be gone forever. I'm not sure how you would propose having Go-Karts going directly through Mack coaster track!? o_O

If I know my laws of Physics correctly, they both can't be in the same place at the same time :)

Gone for good carts, unless they shift them back to behind the arcade near river caves.
They were never popular, and couldn't have made much money, so they won't be back.
The faster, better quality carts by the south pier will have killed them off for good.
Pint on it skyscraper?

Looking at the POV for Mandy's Mack it looks to run around the existing Go-Karts circuit. I think they're a goner as well.

It's certain the Go Karts cannot stay as not only does the coaster meander around them, but the ride's placement of height is also too low. No real loss to the park really as it was an upcharge attraction too.

Grand Prix is probably going to be one of the next things for the chopping block as it's an attraction with low capacity (300 PPH max), occupies a relatively large footprint and serves little historical significance unlike attractions like River Caves, Ghost Train, Flying Machines and most of the coasters. It's essentially an inferior version of Autopia.

I'd like to see maybe another dark ride type attraction at the park. But given the effort, lack of space and the continuing money struggles (even if they are slowly getting back up) I can't see them getting one for a while if ever.

It's pity the Trauma Towers and Space Invader sites can't be touched currently, as both would be ideal locations.

Get rid of Grand Prix, and there's plenty of space above / below / around Avalanche for some kind of coaster that's capable of tight turns. I'd almost suggest an Infinity, but that'll be redundant with a socking great Mack next door.

MACK big dipper next I think, I can see two macks in a row, and a RMC. Whether it's 2050 by that point I don't know. The RMC is a wild guess but MACK and Mandy go hand in hand. Mandy Mack FTW