• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

The second launch can be counted as an effective mcbr, if there are problems, the second launch wouldn't happen.
It is planned to run on three.

This is Blackpool we're talking about. They'll be running single train operation with five minute dispatches and you know it.

If we're lucky. The slightest breath of wind and it'll be closed, with some incomprehensible excuse regarding wheel compounds cited, that somehow no other coaster on the face of the planet appears to suffer from.

I can't find the video on YouTube to embed it but found this.

https://socialfeed.info/our-friends-at-the-european-coaster-club-recently-paid-us-a-visit-25627009

Our friends at the European Coaster Club recently paid us a visit to view the Construction 2018 site. Here's what they had to say about it....

If you don't want to click, the video discusses the first launch that goes through the Big One, the improvements it will make to steeplechase as there is now a bigger drop below the track with new interactions. Finally the last bit discusses a piece of track near the Dipper that may be of interest.

Nothing ground breaking :rolleyes: but still of interest. I now have a better perspective of that first launch and I'm a little bit more excited than ever.

Warning: video is halfway down the page that is full of adverts. I wouldn't try downloading the video unless you have a decent AV/malware solution in place. Download at your own risk.

I can't find the video on YouTube to embed it but found this.

https://socialfeed.info/our-friends-at-the-european-coaster-club-recently-paid-us-a-visit-25627009

Our friends at the European Coaster Club recently paid us a visit to view the Construction 2018 site. Here's what they had to say about it....

If you don't want to click, the video discusses the first launch that goes through the Big One, the improvements it will make to steeplechase as there is now a bigger drop below the track with new interactions. Finally the last bit discusses a piece of track near the Dipper that may be of interest.

Nothing ground breaking :rolleyes: but still of interest. I now have a better perspective of that first launch and I'm a little bit more excited than ever.

Warning: video is halfway down the page that is full of adverts. I wouldn't try downloading the video unless you have a decent AV/malware solution in place. Download at your own risk.

It's a Facebook video, so using this Facebook link will allow you to view too (and without signing in if you're not on Facebook, just click not now when it asks you to sign in)

BPB have just announced on Facebook that there will be a major announcement at 9AM on Tuesday!
The ride's name, perhaps?

EDIT: 12 hours to go!

Last edited:
1deb31061d1b7cfc5499f269742a0ea6.jpg

So it's going be called Icon.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...re-beach-s-new-16-25m-rollercoaster-1-8485493

Last edited:
I'd like to moan, but in a park that has a big dipper called Big dipper, a roller coaster called Roller Coaster, and a big one called The Big One..... I guess it could be worse.

The sad irony is that nomatter how good a ride "Icon" is, it will never be an icon for the park in the eyes of the GP. That will always be the Big One... because it's sodding huge and you can see it from miles away and everyone knows that bigger is better and besides it's the tallestfasteststeepestintheworldmustbetruetheysaiditwas...

Not convinced on the name but I like it more now than when I originally heard it. A big fan of that logo though, it's beautiful and very different to what I was expecting!

:)

It's perhaps not the best name but for me at least, it's better than anything Alton have come up with for their major coasters in the last 15 years. It jarrs with me a lot less than when I first heard Spinball Whizzer, Rita, Th-13-Teen and The Smiler.

It's a lot better than Infusion too.

Last edited: