• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Looks like BPB are currently constructing a large tunnel for icon, photos from the Blackpool Gazette:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Appears that this is where the launches will be.

:)

It was a gorgeous day in Blackpool yesterday. Pleasure Beach was quiet, with the Big One running a single train with two sand-bagged cars.

I do like BPB's apparent obsession with huge long coasters, Merlin's longest is what Smiler? Just a shame it's a six hour drive away for us, maybe I'll fly up when this opens, to hell with the cost if it saves me the torture of the M6.

It's walkable from the airport to the park. But good luck finding flights at reasonable times of day. Done it once - as a day trip - not worth it. Get the train and relax for a few hours, make a weekend of it.

Airport closed to all but private flights a few years ago Diogo, but couldn't agree more about using the train, less driving, more beer!
There are now direct trains from "that London" apparently.
And get to bed, it is well past your bedtime.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from that diagram (but it's a great overview), but I thought they would try and leave some additional space on the former Turtle Chase site. I do wonder if the area between the Big One lift and Infusion will be left undeveloped for the very long term.

How walkable is it from the train station? Last time we went we stayed at the hotel next to the Hilton and got a tram pass for the week, it was a waste of time bringing the car lol

It's a fair walk from Blackpool North to BPB (30+ min), but you can change at Preston for a train to BPB station, which as the name implies is right next to the park. Or just use the tram.

Blackpool North is the fast train from Preston.
South and BPB stations are on the local slow line, takes twice as long due to the half dozen stops on the way, but brings you in closer.
Best way is to North station, then a pub crawl all the way down the prom.
That way you don't feel the pain on Infusion.

Blackpool North is the fast train from Preston.
South and BPB stations are on the local slow line, takes twice as long due to the half dozen stops on the way, but brings you in closer.
Best way is to North station, then a pub crawl all the way down the prom.
That way you don't feel the pain on Infusion.

And Pub Crawl the way back up just to make sure

As I understand it, the tram is finally being extended to Blackpool North, with a scheduled opening date of 2018/19. Which sold make getting to BPB that bit easier. Though I do approve of the pub crawl idea. :p

I get more excited about this every day!

Am I correct in thinking that both launches will pass under the tunnel which will have the ride shop on top of it?