• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I think it's getting to the stage now where some parks in the future will ban all forms of recording, whether it be on ride or on foot around the park. They're getting hot on with filming on rides now, so you watch, the next step will be all forms of recording.

Especially if the parks realise if they film some videos and they're the only ones who do them, they'll get a bucket ton of advertising revenue. They're the ones who spend millions of the their own money, let them claw some of it back through YouTube.

...and back at the ride, station roof finished, as is the side to the Dipper, floor concrete outside station being polished, new small holes in Steepechase bit...either planting or themeing at a guess. Lots of yellow hats, oh, and six coasters in ninety minutes.:)

I have to agree that photo updates are much better than video ones, but I do think there's a place for both. I'd much rather visit a forum to keep track of construction of a new coaster, and it's a great thing to look back on as well!

I think it's getting to the stage now where some parks in the future will ban all forms of recording, whether it be on ride or on foot around the park. They're getting hot on with filming on rides now, so you watch, the next step will be all forms of recording.

Especially if the parks realise if they film some videos and they're the only ones who do them, they'll get a bucket ton of advertising revenue. They're the ones who spend millions of the their own money, let them claw some of it back through YouTube.

Considering the camera on my drone is barely larger than your fingernail I cannot see how they will police that when you couldn't even see it from more than a few feet away.

I can see the theme parks catching onto what companies like nintendo have. If you post content of their Intelectual Properties (e.g. gameplay footage); they will enable adverts on that and take 100% of that revenue. You can sign up to partner with them for a 50/50 split, but then they have input into the content.

You can imagine clauses to that effect in the ticket T&Cs to open a new revenue stream for the operators.

I'd say currently for parks most vlogs are basically free advertising for them, the ones I've watched usually try and find some good in the days out regardless. Plus the majority of people watching are also theme park enthusiasts who'll go to the parks regardless.

For the two 2018 coasters whilst BPB have posted the occasional update it's fansites and vlogs that have kept a much closer eye on proceedings. And if you only had Towers updates the only things I remember them officially releasing is the two YouTube video's in the last few weeks which hasn't even shown or discussed the ride.

Anyhow I'm visiting BPB for the first time in a few months this weekend so looking forward to seeing the Icon progress with my own eyes.

Quick question, do people expect them to make changes with the BPB Express? Can't see them wanting a train you can easily exit going through the middle of the new ride area.

Considering where the pleasure beach express goes through so far I highly doubt it and I'm pretty sure it's part of the interactions with icon aswell

Why are people now doing video construction updates? What was so wrong with a good old photo update?

Oh yeah, you don't get the YouTube hits on a photo update. That's all most enthusiasts seem to care about now, shame.

We've been doing the Icon video updates since before it was even announced, following the changes within the area and then sharing stuff that has been sent to us from the Pleasure Beach, as well as putting up our own updates etc, the Pleasure Beach Experience YouTube channel has massively helped with the club growing and attracting larger numbers to our events, it's a great way to show the Pleasure Beach off in video format, as well as sharing updates and showing what our events offer to people.

In terms of filming within theme parks, every PR department that I've ever spoken to from theme parks absolutely love the free advertisement and I don't expect any park to ban people filming off ride footage. I know that a few of the UK parks are considering following the method that Oakwood use in terms of allowing on ride footage, which is turn up at guest services with your GoPro and chest harness, get it checked by a member of staff and then be given a slip to hand to staff to show that you have permission to film on the rides.

Vertical construction will begin as soon as the Pleasure Beach has closed, I am looking forward to following the construction throughout winter and into the new year.

Considering where the pleasure beach express goes through so far I highly doubt it and I'm pretty sure it's part of the interactions with icon aswell

For me, this is BPBs USP, the layering of rides over, under and through each other. Both the Express and Icon benefit from that interaction in a manner that is unique to BPB.
The "theme" of BPB is interactions; and it is a great theme.

Two trucks arrived this morning and another 4 pieces of track were placed onto the car park, it included another section of launch track.

Is this the best forum to visit to keep track of the progress of Icon?
I'm living in the US now and I'm very keen to see the construction of Icon along with SW8.
Hopefully will get to ride at least once next year when I visit.
New local park is Six Flags over Georgia.

Is this the best forum to visit to keep track of the progress of Icon?
I'm living in the US now and I'm very keen to see the construction of Icon along with SW8.
Hopefully will get to ride at least once next year when I visit.
New local park is Six Flags over Georgia.

Since the closure of the Pleasure Beach forum, I'd say this is the best place for discussion and speculation surrounding Icon.

You can also visit Club Pleasure Beach Experience's social media pages for regular Icon updates :)

Since the closure of the Pleasure Beach forum, I'd say this is the best place for discussion and speculation surrounding Icon.

You can also visit Club Pleasure Beach Experience's social media pages for regular Icon updates :)
Thanks
I don't use FB anymore, I have Instagram but I don't think they post anything on there.
I'll keep my eyes on this forum then.

I'd imagine Mack will show off either an Icon or Time Traveller car at IAAPA, with Time Traveller being more like as it is the first of its kind.

:)