• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Time Traveller is more likely but i'm hoping we see Icon's lead car.

Icon is meant to go vertical either today or tomorrow depending on what time a bunch of German's turn up.

Couldn't see anything today apart from a certain Mr Sandbrooke loitering round the back of the beach.
Seen earlier in the Velvet Coaster, no hot dog flask today.
No cranes yet, picked my peeping spots, close to the Star pub, and round the back of Nick Streak on my ladder.
Heard the sound of loud rythmic metal on metal...'bout fifty bpm, for quite a while, but saw nowt.

Couldn't see anything today apart from a certain Mr Sandbrooke loitering round the back of the beach.
Seen earlier in the Velvet Coaster, no hot dog flask today.
No cranes yet, picked my peeping spots, close to the Star pub, and round the back of Nick Streak on my ladder.
Heard the sound of loud rythmic metal on metal...'bout fifty bpm, for quite a while, but saw nowt.

Feel the pleasure beach should've taken enthusiasts into account when deciding where exactly to place the ride!

(Noticed TPW had posted a few pics of the track in the car park a few minutes ago)

Just had a thought, but for those who have a camera with a good zoom, wouldn't Blackpool Tower would be a great place to get construction updates of Icon for those who have a Merlin pass?

I'd love to get regular updates of Icon throughout the winter but cannot justify the 10 hour round trip to take a few photos, unfortunately.

From my experience, it'd be doable to take photos of the park from Blackpool Tower, but you'd need a really good zoom on your camera, or a DSLR lens with a large focal length. Plus you'd only get photos from one angle of the park, and even then, I'm not 100% sure how much you'd be able to see of the ride's construction. I'll admit that I don't know Blackpool terribly well myself, but I'm struggling to work out where else it'd be possible to try and get photos of Icon's construction from outside the park. Aside from hiring out a plane or a helicopter or something. :p

I'm pretty sure that the distance between the tower and the park would negate any height advantage.

Jeeping Nora, that really is some way from the tower to BPB, Jamie. Jonathan, I'm surprised you even got that close! I guess we will have Club PBE updates here and there anyway.

I'll admit that the photo quality isn't great, which is probably a combination of having nothing to rest the camera on and it also being the first real chance I had to use this longer zoom lens, but I do think it still makes the point of how far the two are from each other.

Anyone owns a drone fitted with a camera? ;)

Yes, we have a whole fleet from ones as small as a fiver right up to an autonomous DJI Mavic style clone, all with live video downlink and recorders.

Getting there is another thing, and the prize has gotta be good for me to risk jail and invalidate my public liability insurance lol

I'm sure that BPB will be providing us with updates as construction progresses. This isn't Merlin that we are talking about, I'd imagine that they're going to want to show off their brand new coaster!

:)

Yeah BPB have been hot on it with providing updates, so I'm sure that'l continue.

Much to the annoyance of many enthusiasts who want the exclusives for their Facebook page/YouTube channel.

Is the Skycreamer open over winter on the South pier?
You'd need a strong grip on the camera, and pressing the button at 5Gs during the 2 seconds it takes to go up might be tricky... but you with a little luck...