• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Terms & Conditions:
Redeemable for one ride on ICON. ICON is due to open Spring 2018. As soon as the available exclusive ride times are available, we will email you so you are able to reserve your date online in advance of your visit. You will be contacted by email with further information in early 2018.

Each date will have a limited capacity and will be reserved on a first come first served basis. Your date for your exclusive ride must be reserved in advance online.

Yeah this is more of a souvenir thing rather than anything else. Stick to the wristband if you're not bothered about a certificate!
So as I read it, the £15.99 option just gets you a certificate ??? Not even a one shot speedypass for the ride. That seems a bit steep to me if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty much! As per the terms it gives no priority entrance whatsoever. Hell of a hefty price tag for a single ride and a bit of paper!
It does get you a walk round pass as well I suppose so if you assume that icon may be a £9 ride if using ride tickets, then add that to the cost of a £6 walk round pass, that makes it about a quid for the certificate. I am guessing that's how the park are looking at it.

But who is going to want a walk round pass if they are going to ride icon ? Most will probably buy a full wrist band too, which then makes it a very expensive piece of A4 !!

Last edited:
It might be good value if you consider the queue on most weekends and school holidays will probably be three hours...especially with queuebusters running from the start probably.
Wristbands are less value when you have a big new ride due to you losing half a day on one ride...not that I'm complaining.
Not much use at all for us season pass holders though shakey.

It might be good value if you consider the queue on most weekends and school holidays will probably be three hours...especially with queuebusters running from the start probably.
Wristbands are less value when you have a big new ride due to you losing half a day on one ride...not that I'm complaining.
Not much use at all for us season pass holders though shakey.
The standard boarding card will not stop you from queuing. It gets you absolutely nothing apart from a certificate. So you still have to queue to ride. It seems completely pointless to me, whether you are a season pass holder or not.

The VIP card gets you on the ride without queuing. So if you are prepared to shell out £25 then you can avoid the queue.

Neither pass is a ride wristband for the park. So it doesn't really matter if you are a season pass holder or not in terms of value for money.

shakey, what I meant was, by the time you have done a three hour queue, the train, fountains and maze, with a pint with Bernard, and fish and chips, you can consider it a full day out with a brand new big ride, cheap at the price.

Stuff in the tunnel... fog, strobes and a lazer roof that you break through for me please...I remember the drop on Valhalla!

shakey, what I meant was, by the time you have done a three hour queue, the train, fountains and maze, with a pint with Bernard, and fish and chips, you can consider it a full day out with a brand new big ride, cheap at the price.

Stuff in the tunnel... fog, strobes and a lazer roof that you break through for me please...I remember the drop on Valhalla!
To be honest I may put the £25 one on my christmas list.

But a speedypass will be cheaper with your season pass, and you could probably get two rides in within the day on that.
Looking forward to seeing you in the queue anyway.

But a speedypass will be cheaper with your season pass, and you could probably get two rides in within the day on that.
Looking forward to seeing you in the queue anyway.
Good point.

I don't think Icon will be hellish busy next year, apparently Infusion wasn't too bad when a few weeks passed after it opened. Of course there will be some awful days, particularly in the first few weeks, but I can't see constant 3 hour queues throughout the entire season.

I just hope for 3 trains!