• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Large Pepsi?
5224959c49ae36e9627dd862d44ec993.jpg

Fun outing today dippy...Velvet Coaster times two!
Staff near to south gate said the break run and launch track are now going in.
Just a month now until we can get a proper look.

A few Icon pics from today. Look how tiny some of these supports are - must be for Dipper / Steeplechase area, gonna be great flying round that area at so close to ground level !

Now that, my friends, is exactly why I’ve asked my parents to go here for my birthday! The first photo, that is! I’m not going to see a lorry!

Yes Rob, you are quite right, with the twist I would say you are never actually fully inverted.
Still looks fun though.

And the stumpy supports in dippy's photos are only about a metre long, I imagine they are for round the steeplechase.

I mean... I'd still take Florida...
My family are going to Florida anyway between the 8th and the 18th August @KingNemesis, regardless of whether Blackpool is a possibility or not! I looked online, and Blackpool wristbands are only £19.50 each! I reckon that if Blackpool happens, you could combine that with our confirmed Florida trip in August, a free day at Alton Towers and a free day at Thorpe Park (both using MAPs) for a winning 2018 season!
EDIT: This post makes me sound extremely demanding! We go to Alton Towers once a year anyway, and Thorpe was promised to me because we didn't go in 2017, making it our first visit in 3 years! Anyway, Icon is looking great! How long should it be until Icon's track is completed and the thing starts testing?

Last edited: