• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

New aerial picture.

https://www.facebook.com/inawemedia/posts/1978197538887678:0

Looks like most of the track in the lake area is now in place barring the launches and airtime hill, but nothing outside this area. So quite a bit still left to do and I’d imagine the work around Steeplechase will be trickier to install due to the confined space.

The new building next to the Big One can also be seen better. Still not sure what it will be, but if the ride shop is going on top of the tunnel there’s not much of it been built as yet.

Last edited:
Do we know if the old Turtle Chase space is going to be opened up for people to walk around? Or is it going to be landscaped?

Do we know if the old Turtle Chase space is going to be opened up for people to walk around? Or is it going to be landscaped?

Amanda said in an interview that she’d like to open a garden around the area (shocking, I know) but wasn’t sure if they had the budget for it.

Rather surprised, thought the bits under Steeplechase would've been done early to ensure the rides in that area could open for the Wow weekends.

Rather surprised, thought the bits under Steeplechase would've been done early to ensure the rides in that area could open for the Wow weekends.
They've still got a month to go, and I'd have thought they could just not work weekends so that there's nothing moving in the work area meaning the rides can open? (I hope so anyway)

It’s not unusual for Wow Weekends to see a few closed rides so it’s not inconceivable that Steeplechase may be shut. It would be a little disappointing if this were the case though as you’d imagine there was opportunity to complete the Steeplechase area over closed season and then move to Tom Sawyer where the construction would be more self-contained.

Maybe they’ll just get it finished prior to opening, they’re not exactly slacking when they get going.

It’s not unusual for Wow Weekends to see a few closed rides so it’s not inconceivable that Steeplechase may be shut. It would be a little disappointing if this were the case though as you’d imagine there was opportunity to complete the Steeplechase area over closed season and then move to Tom Sawyer where the construction would be more self-contained.

Maybe they’ll just get it finished prior to opening, they’re not exactly slacking when they get going.

Last year I did a walk round of the Pleasure Beach two weeks before opening day and they had an unbelievable amount of work to do, to make sure that Steeplechase, Skyforce and Big One were accessible, they managed it, so I am sure with just over 3 weeks to go they'll have the South side of Pleasure Beach prepared for opening day.

If you skip to the 2 minute mark of this video, you'll see my point about how much they had to with 2 weeks left last year;

Yes, I'd have thought that side of the ride might have been done first. But then, I've never built a rollercoaster so I will trust that they know what they're doing. Really looking forward to riding it.

I had assumed this would be open for Easter, but I expect I've totally underestimated the skill and time involved in threading the low-lying sections of track beneath the existing ride structures. Saying that, I imagine the relevant electrical work is already taking place, so once it's done, I'm sure it'll be relatively plug and play.

Been over this afternoon, crane working right up against Big One lift hill, and new track with reinforced supports now on the north car park, looks like launch first hill.
Very wet and windy

Can you describe them any further? Sounds interesting.. is it just the usual double spine track or something we haven't seen before?

Oh Temleh, if I was clever enough to use a camera!
The underspine, so to speak, was like two pipes welded together with steel plate over the top. Clearly different to the rest of the track bits.
Spotted about half a dozen such bits in total on the north car park, right up to Balmoral Rd.
One looked really cool as it curved in two directions, looked like bending to the right when going uphill.