• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Is the train going to dive underground out of the station and into the first launch? I hadn't imagined it to be enclosed like that, although pleasantly surprised if this is the case, especially knowing what a pain it is to drill at the Pleasure Beach.

I thought that both launches were gonna be in the tunnel. Is this right?

I thought that both launches were gonna be in the tunnel. Is this right?

It launches through the tunnel initially, then it goes back through the tunnel and into the second launch. Suppose it's still possible that they'll enclose them both further once the tracks all in place.

Is it just me or is there no clear entrance or exit from the station, hopefully it doesn't end up like half the rides I used to make on Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Fair point, I can picture where the queue line is going to be, but it's the exit I am not so sure about, I had a clear idea in mind of how it was all going to work but I am not so sure anymore. o_O

I am confident that Icon will be the best coaster in the UK. ;)

1af1475a6dacb43adfd6addad32e5165.jpg

I can't for the life of me work out where these two pieces connect to the rest of the track!
Guess all will be revealed.

I'm more excited that those pictures seem to come from a remote camera, given that Mands is at the IAAPA conference at the minute. I hope we see either a timelapse or, even better, a live webcam feed

I know we’re still mid-construction and the ride itself looks great, but the ancillary buildings at the moment still look worryingly bland. For a BPB ride it looks stark in its appearance.

I know the park’s aesthetic direction is more and more geared towards a modern, slightly sanitised motif, but the unique elements of the park’s design is what makes it special. I’m still hopeful we’ll see some flair added to these structures but at the moment I really struggle to see where that’s going to come from.

It would be a shame to have, what looks to be such a fantastic ride, not have an equally good station.

Shame they're having to put all those footers in by steeplechase station. But I look forwards to it.

I know we’re still mid-construction and the ride itself looks great, but the ancillary buildings at the moment still look worryingly bland. For a BPB ride it looks stark in its appearance.

I know the park’s aesthetic direction is more and more geared towards a modern, slightly sanitised motif, but the unique elements of the park’s design is what makes it special. I’m still hopeful we’ll see some flair added to these structures but at the moment I really struggle to see where that’s going to come from.

It would be a shame to have, what looks to be such a fantastic ride, not have an equally good station.

I agree. Although it would not surprise me if the ride is costing them so much that they can't really afford to do much else. Still plenty of time though so I hope that I am proven wrong.

:)

What's the reason for the tunnel? Is the queueline going on top? It's strange having icon down there with no Tom Sawyer Bridge anymore. The ride is as far from the entrance as it's possible to get. There's gonna be a stampede on opening day!

They needed to make a cutting in the earth anyway to get the length of straight track in for the launches. My guess is they thought why not embellish it by putting a roof on and making a tunnel. Plus there’s talk of special effects (read: strobe light from Maplin).

What's the reason for the tunnel? Is the queueline going on top? It's strange having icon down there with no Tom Sawyer Bridge anymore. The ride is as far from the entrance as it's possible to get. There's gonna be a stampede on opening day!

Hopefully they will open up the South Entrance again!

Fair point, I can picture where the queue line is going to be, but it's the exit I am not so sure about, I had a clear idea in mind of how it was all going to work but I am not so sure anymore. o_O

I am confident that Icon will be the best coaster in the UK. ;)
Agreed this will be a great coaster for the uk but to say it will be the best coaster in the uk confirms your rose tinted Blackpool “kiss me quick” glasses! Btw mouse didn’t close for maintenance this year

Is it just me / the angle but does it look like they've dumped a load of earth on top of the track as it exists the station to allow access to the other side?

Is it just me / the angle but does it look like they've dumped a load of earth on top of the track as it exists the station to allow access to the other side?

That's just an illusion, they haven't installed all of the launch track yet.

As for the tunnel, there were plans to build the shop on top of it (hence why its so heavily braced underneath). Hopefully they go ahead and put something there but it will make a nice viewing platform if things have changed.

I know I've said this every time a new picture is posted; but I think I'm in love with the supporting on this. There's been some serious structural engineering knowledge go into the supporting of this, plus a smidge of artistic flair <3