• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Ooooh, so this explains why they always have security guarding the dancing fountains!
... Also why they are broke.

My reaction, from headline through story:

BAHAHAHAHA...:eek: oh... OUCH.... ewwww :confused:..... HER MUM HELPED?! :oops:.....poor lass!!

That's pretty stupid leaving fountains like that, you can't blame people for playing in freaking fountains.

I think BPB got off lightly with a 5 figure sum to be honest, if she can't actually have kids due to their apparent negligence - you DO expect to be safe at these places. Families expect this, rightly.

Accidents happen, but I do feel sorry for the poor girl.

That's pretty stupid leaving fountains like that, you can't blame people for playing in freaking fountains.

I think BPB got off lightly with a 5 figure sum to be honest, if she can't actually have kids due to their apparent negligence - you DO expect to be safe at these places. Families expect this, rightly.

Europa Park Hotel Colosseo. When was that last time you saw anyone guarding those 200 foot high fountains?

Europa Park Hotel Colosseo. When was that last time you saw anyone guarding those 200 foot high fountains?

NEVER. As I've never been. (Thanks for reminding me :D)

But having kids around in a family environment, I think H&S can be a bit OTT to say the least, but fountains in what appears to be pathways (not seen them PERSONALLY I have to say) it's a good idea that they're safe when they have the capability to knock you off your feet and do serious physical harm based on the reports.

But H&S is a lot more relaxed in Europe! You know... with restraints opening on rides while the train is still moving into the station for a start off.

...and me on Alpen Express. No restraint check on Alpen, Schweizer Bobbahn either. They must be confident of their own rides lol

...and me on Alpen Express. No restraint check on Alpen, Schweizer Bobbahn either. They must be confident of their own rides lol
It's to obtain the highest throughput possible. Hence why there are only lap bars on park (there may be other reasons for this too) and the fact that there are no seat belts.

This is all very true. There's a lot more common sense out there which in Britain isn't something which you can use to justify your procedures when H&S procedures could be put in place.

Having said that, even Europa Park have now added physical lap bar checks to their operating procedures on most rides. I think Alpen is the only major ride which still doesn't do them.

I know it has been mentioned in the main BPB thread, but seeing as this is the thread for whatever happens in 2018 I'm putting it here too. The following is taken from the Blackpool Gazette:
Blackpool Gazette said:
Amanda’s own plans include a multi-million pound new ride, although details are still under wraps, which will launch in 2018.

I saw this news on Twitter yesterday evening and it had been liked by the communications director at Europa-Park. Of course that could have just been because of the good relationship between the two parks, but it could also be seen as another little thing pointing towards a Mack coaster for 2018!

EDIT:

Here are the latest rumours from Screamscape:
Screamscape said:
According to the latest rumors sent to Screamscape, the project is a Mack made launched coaster that could feature two launch sections along the route, one needed to shoot the train up and over a large "top hat" element. Other rumored elements include inclined loops, interlocking corkscrews and high speed helix spins. More as we find out.

:)

Last edited:
Already posted this in the wrong thread:

Saw these guys measuring up yesterday.

6b764ddc533aa15002e0cae32e630125.jpg

Also just been reading earlier posts in here... Complete coincidence I'm sure but Big Dipper was closed all day and men doing track walks. Conversion???

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know if anyone saw the coasterforce leak but seems like a employee file which shows that it is to be a mack mega coaster. I would expect some ride closures during construction if it carries on into the season next year but for a 2018 coater ride construction would not start until 2017. But i suppose PMBO and big dipper will need to be closed for modifications to take place and it seems like mack are on site, blue pegs appearing everywhere.

this is where it was then taken down
http://forums.coasterforce.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39216&start=210

Last edited:
Blue pegs you say...
How big?
How many?
Where?
Knocked into the ground?
At an angle?
Wedge shaped?
Plastic, wood or metal?
More detail required now!!!

Blue pegs you say...
How big?
How many?
Where?
Knocked into the ground?
At an angle?
Wedge shaped?
Plastic, wood or metal?
More detail required now!!!

Haha there is pegs and blue marks depending on the ground. I think scott on PBE has added the photos I have seen online

I wonder if these blue marks are more for the re-routing of the PB Express rather than the coaster itself... be interesting to see what they do with PBE this winter that's for sure.

Are these marks only in one area near the sundial?