• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I wonder if these blue marks are more for the re-routing of the PB Express rather than the coaster itself... be interesting to see what they do with PBE this winter that's for sure.

Are these marks only in one area near the sundial?
I have been shown pictures around the sun dial, the land by Tom sawyer bridge and in random places. I think they may be for the footers more than pleasure beach express but that's my opinion

Temleh posted this plan over on CF:
fP6YEm3.jpg

Given that the support numbers on there match up with the blue marks spotted near the sundial (138A, 9, and 10), I think this is probably fairly accurate.

If it IS accurate, this will blow SW8 out of the water.

I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to seeing the actual POV... with my own eyes, for real. ;)

So do I, but we won't have to wait nearly two years for a NL2 POV.

I hope this is the real layout, does anyone know if they'll need planning permission for this and if so when we'll see it?

Bah, you kids today have no patience. In my day you had to just wait 'til you got to the park before even seeing what a ride looked like!

Pleasure beach don't need planning permission for anything, they might need approval from the CAA and the airport if it's tall enough though. But that won't entail a full plan.

Temleh posted this plan over on CF:
fP6YEm3.jpg

Given that the support numbers on there match up with the blue marks spotted near the sundial (138A, 9, and 10), I think this is probably fairly accurate.

If it IS accurate, this will blow SW8 out of the water.
i really hope the real ride turns out like the above plan, as it looks awesome!

Looks like a Mack to me. That little shimmy at the end could even be a Blue Fire inline. Hope it's real, looks like it could be really special.

@BigAl came up with a design for a Mack Megacoaster, which was sent to Mandy a couple of years ago. Thus, here is Al's design (green track) compared to the new layout (white track).

13239412_1199251843421364_2013873495900515248_n.jpg

fP6YEm3.jpg

The unique late-twisting immelmann, high-G helix and off-axis airtime hill were all the key elements in his design that the park seems to have taken.

:)

Al forced me to post this at gun-point to not make it look like he's promoting his own stuff!