• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

When I visit for Icon it will be mid week when it's quiet. I will never visit on weekends

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

Same. I've been on the park when there's been less than 600 in the place. Walk on everything. Icon will obviously make it busier but off peak days in mid May should be fairly quiet I would say. All schools and colleges should be in term time across the UK n Ireland then.

Same. I've been on the park when there's been less than 600 in the place. Walk on everything. Icon will obviously make it busier but off peak days in mid May should be fairly quiet I would say. All schools and colleges should be in term time across the UK n Ireland then.
Same! There is no point with the stress of it being busy I'll always go when it's quiet and I have also been on the park with about 600 people on site

I don't get this whole "I refuse to ever visit on weekends" thing. I have no choice but to visit at peak times and I manage to get plenty of rides done.

35 rides on the first Saturday of May half term last year at BPB :)
I don't 'refuse' to enter on weekends I just prefer midweek when it's quieter

Anyway....

Bring on Icon!

I don't 'refuse' to enter on weekends I just prefer midweek when it's quieter

Anyway....

Bring on Icon!

Yes of course, I was just referring to certain people who would rather never visit at all than visit on weekends, I don't really understand it :p

I don't get this whole "I refuse to ever visit on weekends" thing. I have no choice but to visit at peak times and I manage to get plenty of rides done.

35 rides on the first Saturday of May half term last year at BPB :)

That's never a guarantee though.

In my experience you can still get plenty of rides in all but the very busiest of days and if the park is rammed then speedypass is extremely good value for money compared to ATs fast track prices.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mid May...might not be open!
Can't see there being any quiet days with Icon this year, maybe October if you are lucky.

Of course you would, it's just people that can't visit on off peak days but still refuse to visit on peak days, therefore not visiting at all.
What about people who can visit off peak, but still don't want to? ;)

Mid May...might not be open!
Can't see there being any quiet days with Icon this year, maybe October if you are lucky.

I think there will be plenty. At the end of the day when ALL schools and colleges are in term time there's never really huge queues. Not even a new coaster changes that.

I'm sure it will be a bit busier than previous years but you won't be waiting 2 hrs for ICON midweek towards end of May (assuming it's open)

There's not enough enthusiasts to form huge queues midweek in term time and even though you always get some kids there who probably should be at school there is never too many. Precisely why I visit in these times.

I think there will be plenty. At the end of the day when ALL schools and colleges are in term time there's never really huge queues. Not even a new coaster changes that.

I'm sure it will be a bit busier than previous years but you won't be waiting 2 hrs for ICON midweek towards end of May (assuming it's open)

There's not enough enthusiasts to form huge queues midweek in term time and even though you always get some kids there who probably should be at school there is never too many. Precisely why I visit in these times.
I second that!

Ride isn't likely to be open until spring bank, then it is student year end, schools weeks from mid June, summer hols, straight into the lights.
Can't wait though!
Time will tell soon enough.
See you in the weekday late afternoon queue, as long as they stay open until closing time.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but we now have Icon's soundtrack by The Notable Stranger on YouTube!:

Sounds fantastic! The Notable Stranger, can you please make yourself more notable in other theme parks?

But the question is; does Icon or Wicker Man win in the 2018 soundtrack stakes? I like both, but Wicker Man just edges it for me, personally.

Icon's soundtrack is much better IMO, the link above is only one of the five tracks available on iTunes.

Of course, it will depend on how the sound system is implemented at BPB, as the setup on Wicker Man is superb - I hope BPB haven't paid for an excellent soundtrack to be produced only to skimp out on a cheap sound system.

There’s a hotch-potch of different speakers around BPB, so it’s anyone’s guess what the system will be like. It’s a shame they don’t fix the existing speakers across the park as they have the infrastructure there, it’s just the sound levels and some of the speakers which need sorting to give a consistent atmosphere from PB Radio across the park.

Reactions: pj
There’s a hotch-potch of different speakers around BPB, so it’s anyone’s guess what the system will be like. It’s a shame they don’t fix the existing speakers across the park as they have the infrastructure there, it’s just the sound levels and some of the speakers which need sorting to give a consistent atmosphere from PB Radio across the park.
I agree, the maintenance of speakers within the dark rides doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Reactions: pj
So, we've established the main entrance pathway and the exit, but where will speedy pass be joining the party? There is a 2nd door on the building, but it seems a bit out of the way with no paths yet leading to it. Please don't tell me Speedy Pass will be using the exit again :eek: