• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

How can you visit Florida and not visit BGT!? It's got one of the best coaster lineups in the world.
I would be inclined to agree, but the whole family apart from me hated it in August 2016. My dad said it was "like Thorpe Park all over again" as soon as we'd stepped off Montu. My mum found all the rides terrifying, especially Falcon's Fury and SheiKra. My sister was on edge the whole day due to the noise that Falcon's Fury made (she has a phobia of balloons and doesn't like loud noises.) However, I liked the park and would happily return if I had the choice! On the whole, though, my family weren't impressed and didn't think it was worth the journey from Orlando.

Also, my family have only booked Disney tickets, so they're the only parks we're visiting. I did suggest that we go for 14 days instead of 10 and visit all the parks, but they said it was too expensive. I'm still happy that we're going to Florida in 2019, though. It's an experience in itself, even excluding the parks!

Anyway, the announcement... what an anticlimax. I was expecting at least a Sky Rocket II! At least they announced something, I guess.

EDIT:

From Touring Central Florida:

"Local news stations are reporting a squirrel is to blame for the power outage – apparently one got into the park’s power substation and caused the problem."

Last edited:
Glad it's coming down, it doesn't reflect well on the park when rides are left to rot like that. Don't think it will be missed!

:)

^I have thought that myself to be honest. I suppose there are some differences, Cheetah Hunt doesn't go backwards or as tall, this has some ejector air whereas Cheetah Hunt's is floater.
However, the park will have two triple launch coasters which both have a single inversion :p

I do think I will prefer the Sky Rocket II though, I like Cheetah Hunt but I'm not crazy about it like many people are.

I do like these skyrocket coasters (other than the restraints) but they need to get a multi load version designed for capacity.