• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

I do like these skyrocket coasters (other than the restraints) but they need to get a multi load version designed for capacity.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Tempesto at BGW almost had such a system. I'm sure there was talk/plans of the launch track moving across and there being two loading platforms so that one train could load whilst the other was on the main circuit.

:)

Premier already offer a duel loading version. Zombie ride at Bosque Magico in Mexico which opened in 2015 offers duel loading, although with the smaller 12 seat trains rather than the 16 seat ones used at Busch and Seaworld

Premier already offer a duel loading version. Zombie ride at Bosque Magico in Mexico which opened in 2015 offers duel loading, although with the smaller 12 seat trains rather than the 16 seat ones used at Busch and Seaworld
18 seats :)

Sorry to be a spoilsport :p

Seems like a massive waste of space. Tidal Wave took up a fairly large area. This new ride is designed to occupy as small an area as physicly possible yet they are installing it right in the middle of the site.

If they are going to instal low cappacity off the shelf models they could at least make the most of its design by freeing up space for something else in the future.

It wasn't all that long ago that the Busch parks would each be getting huge exciting coasers. B&M Inverts, Dive Coasters, a Sit Down and a Hyper. Then Tampa got an Intamin multi-launch and Willamsburg got a Zierer equivalent (because they won't deal with Intamin). And now we have both parks investing in off-the-shelf, low cost small footprint coasters that are more suited to smaller theme parks that want a quick and easy thrill coaster.

How the once mighty fall.

Many people forget that the budget used to buy the Sky Rocket II coasters is a flat ride budget that has been put to good use.

The parks will still install B&M coasters, there is at least one already in the works. The last giant B&M coaster in the chain opened just 2 years ago! SEAS have a great relationship with B&M, so much so that B&M allowed Mako to be fastracked in their production schedule as SeaWorld only contacted B&M in 2015 and just one year later people were riding it!

You can't really say that BGT isn't getting new exciting and large attractions, in 2011 they opened Cheetah Hunt which is one of the first triple launch coasters and a gigantic ride, 2014 saw Falcon's Fury which is a world's first and the tallest freestanding drop tower on the continent regarded by many as the best in the world and 2016 saw the opening of Cobra's Curse, a much needed large scale family coaster that was the first of its kind from Mack.

In terms of the space issue, the planning application states that the remaining space not occupied by the new coaster can be used for future expansion.

Last edited:
It wasn't all that long ago that the Busch parks would each be getting huge exciting coasers. B&M Inverts, Dive Coasters, a Sit Down and a Hyper. Then Tampa got an Intamin multi-launch and Willamsburg got a Zierer equivalent (because they won't deal with Intamin). And now we have both parks investing in off-the-shelf, low cost small footprint coasters that are more suited to smaller theme parks that want a quick and easy thrill coaster.

How the once mighty fall.

Is the intamin fallout over falcons fury?

Had a fantastic day at Busch gardens yesterday. Weather was brilliant, zero rain and a lovely breeze so not too warm.

Kumba was running like a dream, better than anytime we were on it previously and it's still my favourite Florida coaster.

Spent 11 hours in the park and got multiple rides on all coasters. Operations were fantastic, zero breakdowns (except falcons fury) and Montu was practically walk on all day.

We knew that Falcons Fury has been down for quite some time now and as we were approaching Pantopia the catch car and carriage were at the top of the tower. There were two maintenance guys on top of the catch car and they inched it down very slowly to the bottom while we were there so they're obviously working at something. Was no disappointment that we couldn't go on as we've done it a few times in the past and it's one of those rides that you don't really miss if you can't do it.

Sheikra didn't disappoint either and was eating guests throughput wise.

All in all one of those golden days you get at a theme park and we got back to the villa wrecked but well satisfied.

Glad to hear BGT was fab. It's a love/hate park for me but there's no denying its got the best coaster line up in Florida.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I loved BGT, but I think it's a bit of a marmite park, as the rest of my family absolutely despised it. They said it was "like Thorpe Park on steroids". Interpret that how you wish. My family hated it so much that we left early after 7 rides in total (one on Montu, one on Cobra's Curse, one on Cheetah Hunt, one on Kumba, one on Falcon's Fury, one on Congo River Rapids and one on SheiKra), despite arriving late. That was the first and only time I ever visited; was in August 2016, to be exact! I'd like to revisit, but my family does not share that opinion, unfortunately!

I loved BGT, but I think it's a bit of a marmite park, as the rest of my family absolutely despised it. They said it was "like Thorpe Park on steroids". Interpret that how you wish. My family hated it so much that we left early after 7 rides in total (one on Montu, one on Cobra's Curse, one on Cheetah Hunt, one on Kumba, one on Falcon's Fury, one on Congo River Rapids and one on SheiKra), despite arriving late. That was the first and only time I ever visited; was in August 2016, to be exact! I'd like to revisit, but my family does not share that opinion, unfortunately!
I don't understand how people don't like it, unless you don't care at all for thrills.

I think Busch gardens is a very good park when it isn’t the thunder storm season as like when I last went there in 2008. As we went in September it was very quiet and got on loads of rides but we went to lunch around 1 then the storm came and it rained heavy for about a hour but we were happy to watch the free entertainment on offer. We left at 2 to try Rhino rally( now gone) and was told cause the lighting was still within 5 miles so no outdoor attractions opened so all you had was the 4D cinema and the indoor shows as they were packed we left around 3. The rides reopened at 5 for a hour but we were back in Orlando by then.

I don't understand how people don't like it, unless you don't care at all for thrills.
My family like thrills. They didn't like it because they said that it was a "concrete jungle where the rides are carelessly plonked on slabs of concrete" and that it was "chavvy"; both attributes that they have used to describe Thorpe in the past.

My family like thrills. They didn't like it because they said that it was a "concrete jungle where the rides are carelessly plonked on slabs of concrete" and that it was "chavvy"; both attributes that they have used to describe Thorpe in the past.

And they say I drink Kool Aid :p

I guess your family require a "theme" so they can enjoy the ride. As for whether it's chavvy or not I can't really comment, I'm sure to some people all theme parks are chavvy!