• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

I wouldn't personally call BGT any of the attributes my family refer to it as, nor would I call Thorpe them either!

As for them needing themes to enjoy the ride, I wouldn't say they do, personally. I certainly don't!

I wouldn't personally call BGT any of the attributes my family refer to it as, nor would I call Thorpe them either!

As for them needing themes to enjoy the ride, I wouldn't say they do, personally. I certainly don't!
Honestly sounds like they just had a bad day :)

The second new maze has been announced for this year's Howl-O-Scream: Simon's Slaughterhouse.

I'm not 100% sold on the name but the maze itself sounds good :)

Just an update on Falcon's Fury: the ride has been shut for months after sustaining severe damage from a much stronger than normal lightning strike. Replacement parts from Intamin have now been installed, but I'm told that the ride has to be tested and commissioned again as if it were brand new.

The park want to reopen it ASAP, guest services are currently saying it will be back open in time for Howl-O-Scream however I wouldn't be surprised if it reopened earlier.

The question is; which name did they choose? Is it gonna be Tigris, Uproar or Twisted Tiger? Or could it be a completely different name?

I'm personally hoping for Tigris!

2018_buschgardenstampabay_homepagehero_newtigrisrollercoaster.ashx

*yawn*

Such an uninspiring addition.

:)

They just massively teased RMC Gwazi for 2020, saying (with emphasis) that Gwazi has always had a ROCKY ride and that it (Gwazi) will be "revamped" into a whole new ride experience for 2020.

As for Tigris, love the name, love the colour scheme, love the coaster, just wish it was a higher throughput.

If they RMC Gwazi for 2020 then I can forgive them for the awful addition in 2019! Having said that, are we really likely to see major investments at both Tampa and Williamsburg in 2020?

If they RMC Gwazi for 2020 then I can forgive them for the awful addition in 2019! Having said that, are we really likely to see major investments at both Tampa and Williamsburg in 2020?

Apparently RMC coasters aren't that expensive.

Can they even afford to put that piece of crap in and then RMC Gwazi the year after? I know Tigris won't exactly break the bank but even still...