• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

@MakoMania there are a fair few parallels!
In reasoning but not in magnitude. You will still be hard pressed to find closing times earlier than 6pm on even the quietest of quiet days at SEAS parks. You also will still find a good range of live entertainment available daily at each park.

Yes, I have heard that people really want to leave Alton Towers at 4pm :p

In all seriousness I know what you're getting at, although it doesn't change the fact that SEAS parks are better funded :)

My biggest gripe with SEAS is that pile of wood sitting in Tampa.

Last edited:
It sounds like the fire was on the roof of the building. There is no visible damage from inside the park but there could well be some damage inside the building. Hopefully it will be able to re-open again soon.

Alpengeist has also been down for a few days now. Hopefully nothing serious!

:)

Gutted!

Pompeii is a great thing. A basic ride dressed up with top drawer theming!

I'd also like to point out that BGW have a flash sale on at present. We've bagsied 2 days admission including unlimited dining and drinks for around £80.

Park hours 10am-9pm so we'll definitely get value. Food at BGW is some of the best for any park in the USA.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has Escape from Pompeii been destroyed to the extent that Batavia at Europa was in May, or will it probably reopen soon?

Has Escape from Pompeii been destroyed to the extent that Batavia at Europa was in May, or will it probably reopen soon?

It sounds like the fire was on the roof of the building. There is no visible damage from inside the park but there could well be some damage inside the building. Hopefully it will be able to re-open again soon.

;)

I think whether it re-opens soon depends on if they are given a budget to carry out any repairs that may be needed.

:)

I loved this ride when we visited over a decade ago and I really hope the damage isn't too extensive.

The whole park is so beautiful, it's just a shame the Big Bad Wolf is no more :disrelieved: