• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

I'm hoping that this is either fake or out of date now. I'm sure it would be a good coaster but I would prefer a giga of sorts, whether that be from B&M or someone else. A multi-launch coaster after both Verbolten and Tempesto seems strange.

:)

If it is an Intamin, I'm guessing it will be like the Parc Asterix coaster announced at IAAPA. Seems a strange choice if true, given they already have a triple launch coaster with Tempesto.

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if they might relocate Tempesto to another park in the chain, since it'll be made redundant with this new coaster? It shouldn't be too difficult to do given how compact it is.

If it is an Intamin, I'm guessing it will be like the Parc Asterix coaster announced at IAAPA. Seems a strange choice if true, given they already have a triple launch coaster with Tempesto.

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if they might relocate Tempesto to another park in the chain, since it'll be made redundant with this new coaster? It shouldn't be too difficult to do given how compact it is.

If Tempesto gets relocated I'll eat my hat, it's only 3 years old!

120km/h on a shuttle coaster? Sounds like an impulse coaster to me :D
As in something like Wicked Twister at Cedar Point? Didn't sound like one in the leak a couple months back.

SEAS seem to have been giving Intamin a lot of love in the past decade. Cheetah Hunt, Falcon's Fury, Wave Breaker, Infinity Falls and now this.

Last edited:
Something similar to what Asterix are getting would make sense for this project. No idea where RCDB have got Intamin from though, it certainly has not been confirmed yet and all I can find is unconfirmed speculation of a young Intamin employee mentioning it somewhere.

As in something like Wicked Twister at Cedar Point? Didn't sound like one in the leak a couple months back.

SEAS seem to have been giving Intamin a lot of love in the past decade. Cheetah Hunt, Falcon's Fury, Wave Breaker, Infinity Falls and now this.

Yep inpulse coaster was just the first thing that came to mind. I can't quite tell from the rendering, is this a true shuttle coaster or one of those triple launch type coasters?

I imagine they will have done a double ride deal with Intamin for 2020 with Seaworld Orlando’s launch coaster also being an Intamin.

Isn't IOA also supposedly getting an Intamin launch coaster (er, another) to weave through Jurrasic Park in 2020? Crowded marketplace for these things now, albeit, serving different audiences.

I presumed IOA's was for 2021, although I have no idea come to think of it!

I also wouldn't be surprised to see SeaWorld Orlando recieve an Intamin coaster in 2020.

RCDB are pretty picky, they seem to know what they're on about most of the time.

Intamin look to be seeing a resurgence in North America, there hadn't been any built there for a while since Skyrush. I wonder if Mack's success has encouraged them to get more creative with their launch coasters.