• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Camelot - gone for good?

It's got an operating clone in Grona Lund, and it's a fantastic ride the drop after the MCBR (think it was called 'Psycho Drop' or something similar) is super intense, one of the best drops around.

Jetline <3 (Actually Grona Lund in general <3 but that's not what this thread is for :p)

I never got to ride Knightmare unfortunately. I'm sure though I hear people say it's different to Jetline, how so? Just curious that's all!

Jetline is the same apart from the first drop and turn after it. The main bulk is the same layout though!

Reactions: Ted
The support structure may be tweaked slightly. Knightmare's was originally built to also hold up a fake mountain when it was Bavarian Mountain Railroad / BMRX. Jetline's supports also hold up a wild mouse, I believe?

Jetline's supports also hold up a wild mouse, I believe?
They do indeed help to hold up Vilda Musen at Gröna Lund, and Jetline's first drop also interacts with Kvasten (Vekoma SFC) and Twister (Gravity Group woodie).

almost all major coasters but Insane interact at once. Vilda Musen and Kvasten don't come close and that's the only bit. look at around 0:55 - 1:00 on here and you'll see how compact it all is.

Knightmare rode pretty similarly to Jetline (i.e. absurdly well for a coaster with no airtime or inversions really to speak of), but the magnetic block/trim brakes on Jetline make trains take the second half more slowly. The last block, being spat out of a right helix into a tight left hander towards the rear of the layout and back away to the final bend is still good on Jetline, but was a definite highlight on Knightmare. On the other hand, Knightmare's magnetic brakes were much less refined, it had completely pointless seatbelts supplementing the perfectly adequate lap bars and hobbling the throughput, the dispatch horn was deafening, and it looked like a tired heap of rust instead of a well kept '50s/'60s-themed classic.

I'm surprised Mellors haven't snapped it up yet for the travelling circuit. We know they like to do that (Runaway Train - American Adventure) and it can't be that much different to Olympia Looping/Alpina Bahn.

Proper cemented into the ground...
Did you ever see the foundation fixings on that section?
One of the shoddiest footings I have ever seen in my life, bodged, fettled and crumbling within days, summed up Camelot completely. I think they set the footings through old oil barrels, and they shifted when the concrete was poured.
It was a great ride, but is now in such a state it won't be going anywhere other that the scrapyard, and it won't be feasible with current scrap prices to even do that.
Wouldn't surprise me if the site remained the same for another decade at least, planning refusal for housing impasse for ever!

Knightmare has crashed...... into the middle of the road!

The Blackpool Gazette are reporting that one of the trains fell off the truck that it was being transported on:

image.jpg

Ooops!

:)

Interesting...
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/offbeat/rollercoaster-ride-comes-to-abrupt-halt-in-middle-of-road-1-8550889 said:
The lorry is understood to have set off from Red Marsh industrial estate, just a few hundred yards from the accident scene.

This company is based in Red Marsh industrial estate:
http://www.amusementtechnical.com/

Their website contains the following quote from Edward Mellors:
"Amusement Technical is our 'go to' technical services partner. We use the company for control system projects and any complex engineering issues, which can’t be handled in-house. Extremely knowledgeable and responsive, Amusement Technical will go to any lengths to ensure the brief is met and our rides work safely and efficiently."
but they have also worked in the past with:
http://www.amusementtechnical.com/customers/
including the previously rumoured Southport.

Someone is doing something with Knightmare trains....place your bets now!

Edit: Looking at Google Streetview of Amusment Technical's yard.....
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.8...4!1stMzFFnbeppJbuSSr42g1GA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
I spy a Knightmare train, so it's been there a year at least, why is it leaving now? It doesn't seem to have had any work done in the article, could plans have changed?

Last edited:
To be fair, they could be using the trains for spare parts or for another coaster. I'd imagine that specific type of train/parts is hard to come by now

That train has been in Fleetwood for years now. Although another picture has recently surfaced of the green train uncoupled in a workshop.

Something is definitely going on.... or it was at least until this recent mess up.

Last edited by a moderator: