• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Camelot - gone for good?

Too sad. I'm just glad I got a chance to ride, it was insane.

It could very easily have met the same end when its original park closed, I guess.

Ah, that is a real shame but it is not a surprise at all. It had been stadning neglected for so long that it was never going to be worth any other parking buying it and spending a fortune getting it back in to a condition where it would have been able to operate again.

Oh well. The bulldozers came. The bulldozers bulldozed.

Drive past regularly and thought it looked odd the other day, feared the worst, then saw the news. Sad but it was long past the point of saving. Oh well, Stockholm isn't too far away.

Guide 1988

TheCarousel_Camelot_ParkGuide1988_1.jpg

TheCarousel_Camelot_ParkGuide1988_2.jpg

More stuff here

Now this isn't getting that garden sorted is it Rick?
I'd come and help out for free beer but it's against the rules.

It’s funny seeing that leaflet again. There was a copy of it in my year 7 english text book, and we had to create our own leaflets to advertise Camelot. Being a Southerner no one else had heard of.

I didn’t go to Camelot to 2003 but all I remember about the place before then was the venom rollercoaster on ads and on flyers. People said it was a good coaster in the dark with a very themed building inside and out.
The only pictures I can find are here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ictures-show-attraction-its-heyday-663405?amp
But no real pictures or videos of the ride. I saw it in 2003 when it was put back up to sell and it looked rubbish.

I didn’t go to Camelot to 2003 but all I remember about the place before then was the venom rollercoaster on ads and on flyers. People said it was a good coaster in the dark with a very themed building inside and out.
The only pictures I can find are here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lep.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/camelot-theme-park-53-pictures-show-attraction-its-heyday-663405?amp
But no real pictures or videos of the ride. I saw it in 2003 when it was put back up to sell and it looked rubbish.
There are photos of the layout in the state you describe on RCDB.

I'll have some photos of the facade somewhere.

There are photos of the layout in the state you describe on RCDB.

I'll have some photos of the facade somewhere.

Thanks for that link but I did see it in that state as I was told it was only rebuilt so they could sell it.
I hadn’t heard about the park much but I always remember seeing on the coach to Blackpool on the M6. Like in 2003 on my 1st visit I didn’t even plan to go here but Villa were playing Blackburn away with a evening ko so me and my m8 would make a day off it. I went again with my now wife in September 2007 and them were my only 2 visits to the park.

I've always felt Camelot did a very good job with Venom - until I saw the photos of it with the building removed, I'd always assumed it was a much longer ride. By blacking out the station and using lighting effects that only came on at certain times during the ride, it wasn't obvious that you were doing so many laps (I'd realised it went round more than once, but thought it was 2 laps rather than 3 or 4 or however many it was in reality).

I was most dissapointed with it.
Fell for the hype that it was going to be a thrilling new rollercoaster in the dark.
Black Hole.
Space Invader.
Queued up with the naughtiest bunch of Lancashire teenagers close to opening.
For a long time.
Tokaydo Express on a bad day.
I took stick, and lost cred with my clients.
Shame on you King Arthur.
I pulled that sword out of the stone for nothing?