• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Camelot - gone for good?

Er...minor bump.
Local press report that a big property firm has valued the Camelot site as worth 800 million if you convert it into one bed apartments.
All speculative cobblers if course.
Anyone want to start a new Knightmare rumour?

Last edited:
Who in their right mind would turn a massive plot a few miles from Chorley and right beside Charnock Richard services on the M6 in to a load of 1 bedroom apartments?

Who in their right mind would turn a massive plot a few miles from Chorley and right beside Charnock Richard services on the M6 in to a load of 1 bedroom apartments?
It would make a great place for a distribution centre

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Crazy developer trying to highlight possible areas for development around the world.
The actual landowners have been knocked back twice for small scale housing development I think...lack of local facility, and green belt / leisure on the bigger planning map.
Access from the services is not permitted, there is loads of empty warehouses up the road at the M6, M61, M65 junction, in the "correct" planning zone.

It would make a great place for a distribution centre
It would if HGVs had access to the M6 from the services (like the locals do, intermittently). 'Official' access routes both North and South are not ideal for articulated vehicles.

I thought locals were banned a decade ago...no entry signs and cameras.
Was a good sneaky short cut via the motel though...I think that was the only legal access.

The barriers broke about a week after they were installed. I think at the moment you can get on South, but not North.

Knightmare is being dismantled.

86180363_2532098527062233_6869632669047586816_n.jpg

Fingers crossed it makes its way over to Southport and not the scrap heap!

Yeah that's dead. Hardly surprising really given the condition it was in when Camelot closed the best part of a decade ago - you'd be crazy to buy it now.

Shame to see it finally go though, was easily one of the best UK coasters.

It was a accident waiting to happen with the amount of people who trespassed and climbed up it. Pulling it down and the other rides left on site with stop more people going on the site.