• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

I personally think this is the most exciting coaster project ongoing at the moment, so I'm going for the quadruple post! :p

Cedar Point have posted a Christmas video, and here is a screenshot from it:

thumb_screen_shot_2016-12-21_at_11.png

Does this confirm a 2018 opening for RMC Mean Streak? Or are they merely winding up the enthusiasts some more? I'm starting to lean towards 2018 again now, they often get harsh winters up that way and with this being such a huge project I am not totally convinced they could be sure to meet a late spring/early summer 2017 opening.

:)

I think the consensus is 18 due to their extreme winters but depends on the extent of the conversion.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Have there been any more recent updates to know if this is for 17 or 18 yet?

Here's how it was looking last week:

streakcp2016.jpg

Source: TPR

It really is totally unrecognisable! No further news or rumours on when it is due to re-open as an RMC but it will surely be 2018 now, and it should be done in time for the very start of that season I would imagine.

:)

Parks & Coasters Worldwide have posted a photo on Facebook showing how work is progressing...

f6e6404fd586bf49f801faedb3985029.jpg
(Image: Parks & Coasters Worldwide)

I honestly don't even know where that is going or in which direction?

Seems like we should have a hugely exciting coaster on our hands for 2018 :D

That's after the first drop, apparently! A couple of posters on CF think it might be an outside banked wave turn or some kind of inversion.