• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

That is quite remarkable really, I did not realise that they had raised the height of that hill so much. Needless to say it looks so much better.

Those on a closed season park tour over the weekend were shown an official photo of Mean Streak by Cedar Point and apparently there is some sort of bunny hop at the bottom of the first drop. Just think of the airtime!

:)

Here's a comparison between old and new. I think we're looking at a 200ft. coaster here.
C5sV3HXVAAA5aCG.jpg
I still don't understand how this can be the highest point on the ride if it is the second hill. It was the second hill on mean streak but it has been marked with the flag indicating that it is the highest point on the ride. Which it could be if the coaster was launched.

I still don't understand how this can be the highest point on the ride if it is the second hill. It was the second hill on mean streak but it has been marked with the flag indicating that it is the highest point on the ride. Which it could be if the coaster was launched.

It's not the highest point of the ride, the lift will be that. God knows where there is a flag up there, probably just to show that they are trying to MAKE CEDAR POINT GREAT AGAIN!! ;)

Omg, this thing looks amazing! That second hill looks as tall if not taller (hard to tell) than the first hill! Launch anybody? :eek:

nh21evdv3ijy.jpg

I've heard that the first hill is done at that height.

I'm no expert but it looks like it's the final height because of that curve at the top.

Last edited:
Just bringing up an older image showing how much steeper the new lift hill gradient is. I think this basically confirms that the first hill will be much taller than before.
IMG_8116.jpg

And this shows the projected height it would likely reach at that gradient (from Point Buzz)
3FPyUWQ.png

That outward banking does not look pleasant. Its quite good when its a small slight bend, but thats just.... wow.

:fearscream:

That outward banking does not look pleasant. Its quite good when its a small slight bend, but thats just.... wow.

:fearscream:
Wildfire has a similar element, while it isn't on quite the same scale, it rides just fine and has airtime. :) RMC will make this work, somehow.
12918028_1758368827707807_100886690_n.jpg

Wildfire's outward banked turn.

Wildfire has a similar element, while it isn't on quite the same scale, it rides just fine and has airtime. :) RMC will make this work, somehow.
12918028_1758368827707807_100886690_n.jpg

Wildfire's outward banked turn.

Thing is thats not going round a bend though is it? Its more of an airtime hill with 90 degree banking at its apex. You won't be flung to the side so much as lean to the side. Mean. streak looks insane!

But yes, RMC do seem to be very successful with their layout design and I don't doubt they'll pull it off just fine! I'm just in awe of their ambition and risk taking!

;)

So then, new accounts have appeared on Twitter and Instagram called Mean Streak Updates. They are posting lots of photos of Mean Streak, it is very likely that these accounts are being managed by the Cedar Point marketing team.

Anyway here are some of the photos, the firsrt one you can see that little airtime bump after the first drop that I mentioned previously:

C6-9n7RXAAAGiPp.jpg

C7J9C0GXwAATl_3.jpg

C7nhzEiVMAAfsIl.jpg

C7pSThjW4AAfr8V.jpg

Very sneaky from the park!

:)