• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

Some new Mean Streak photos from CP Rundown:

20170522_214731905_iOS%20(Medium).jpg

20170522_214906871_iOS%20(Medium).jpg

20170522_214920216_iOS%20(Medium).jpg

20170522_225605177_iOS%20(Medium).jpg

20170522_225618405_iOS%20(Medium).jpg

Looks like plenty of 'second lap' ledgers are now in place!

:)

So, it looks like this is going to have a 90 degree drop:

7af8b6e70bb333b2b20f1e9581165dec.jpg

Source

If it's not 90 degrees then it's pretty damn close. Another awesome photo from TPR:

thumb_tmp_11374-img_03521015598860.png

The coaster that keeps on giving!

Credit to CP Rundown.
Just look at that drop on the left!
18953175_1419353988157702_2332773824479485436_o.jpg

In the past I've said I'd rather see a B&M Giga than RMC Gwazi but I May just be doing a U turn.

Great couple of days at Cedar Point last week, Mean Streak is really going to be something.

I'd take Cedar Point over any airy-fairy themed park any day of the week. The only thing it's really lacking is a dark ride.

Great couple of days at Cedar Point last week, Mean Streak is really going to be something.

I'd take Cedar Point over any airy-fairy themed park any day of the week. The only thing it's really lacking is a dark ride.

I reckon a dark ride will be the next big thing on the cards for Cedar Point. It has been rumour for about 3 or 4 years now yet they've ended up getting 2 major coasters in 3 years instead. Tony Clark was saying in an interview a few weeks ago about how they have a clear and exciting plan for the park going forward. Some sort of interactive dark ride would seem very logical.

@Rob hopeful that a dark ride will come, I was convinced one would come when Wonder Mountain's Guardian and Iron Reef were built. As fun as Valravn is, that park has too many coasters, really.

If anyone wants a map, I grabbed a few - message me your address and I'll pop it in the post when back in the office.

The reason a dark ride hasn't come to Cedar Point yet is that they had problems scaling up the capacity to be suitable for such a busy park. There should definitely be a dark ride added to the park soon, in 2019 by most people's expectations.

The reason a dark ride hasn't come to Cedar Point yet is that they had problems scaling up the capacity to be suitable for such a busy park. There should definitely be a dark ride added to the park soon, in 2019 by most people's expectations.
Did the park say that, or is that enthusiast musings? The reason I ask is that Valravn was doing less than 900 riders per hour each time I rode it.

Did the park say that, or is that enthusiast musings? The reason I ask is that Valravn was doing less than 900 riders per hour each time I rode it.
The 2019 opening is pure speculation but the capacity problems are a fact and were talked about by the Cedar Fair CEO in an interview last year :)

But Dark rides can have a higher capacity than coasters! An omnimover for example can get through well over 2,000 people an hour. Disney almost exclusively build Dark rides and they own the busiest parks in the world!

Sure if they are talking about a Sally Dark ride then yes capacity is a problem, but there are plenty of other affordable options.

Last edited:
It's bold new territory for Cedar Point, though. What they do best - coasters, customer service and even shows - they do better than almost anyone. A naff dark ride at Cedar Point would stick out like a sore thumb much more so than any other park on earth. If they're taking their time to get it right, more power to them.

Incidentally, can I join the chorus expressing just quite how mental Mean Steak V2 is beginning to look. I can't quite believe they can build coasters like this now. Maniacal stuff.

That I can appreciate. Dark rides are a totally different experience to coasters and being good at one does not make you good at another. However that was not the reason given. If like Six Flags Magic Mountain they simply said they don't want to build them I'd completely understand.

If like Six Flags Magic Mountain they simply said they don't want to build them I'd completely understand.
Whaaatttt... Magic Mountain opened their Justice League dark ride less than a year ago and it's excellent!

SFMM's dark ride is new for 2017!
You're right! I was referring to the experience of the one at Great America, which was last year. I was at Great Adventure last week, they were expecting a soft opening shortly and official opening next week. They seem to be quite the hit.