• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Channel 4 2018 Alton Towers Documentary

It's unfortunately received a 2 star review in The Telegraph...

I don't think that particularly matters. If it had contained arguments/drama/stress then it would probably have got more, but then been worse for the park.

It's trending on Twitter. A brief flick through what some are saying, there are numerous who 'won't be returning following the Smiler accident', and a few criticisms of Towers for building a new coaster in light of that.
That's just a problem with social media though. I'd say it disproportionately gives a voice to minority and extreme viewpoints. We live in a post-truth world where people are more interested in likes rather than facts.

I would have thought when they did the Smiler bit they would explain what’s been put into place so nothing like this would happen again.
Also I thought they would have spoke about the safety things added on the Wickerman as the general public don’t care about theming just how good the coaster is and how safe it is.
Would Have been good if they used the time-lapse video.

It's a shame this didn't crop up somewhere in the documentary really....
DlUCiTwW4AEul-P.jpg:large

Out of interest - why do you have no intention of doing so?

The programme was very positive in the way it was put together.

I'm not sure I want to sit through an hour of what is essentially free advertising to be honest, although it has received a better reception on here than I thought it would

Loved all the innuendo.
I dream of the day they find a normal theme park fan and not a nutter.
Big lass on the end needed a sports bra.