• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

If we are saying Chessington is comparable to Disney, then we might as well say Phantasialand is comparable to Chessington.

Except Phantasialand went ahead and excelled themselves in the last 15 years, changing and broadening their product whereas Chessington didn’t in relativity.

There’s similarities to both, but I would not say are particularly apparent. In it’s current guise, Chessington is more similar to Drayton Manor.

Just a couple of questions about the ride that is now Jungle Rangers. As most of you will know Jungle Rangers is a rethemed version of Toadies Crazy Cars. Toadies was themed to The Wind In The Willows. Could I please if Toadies was officially sponsored by The Wind In The Willows. I ask as if the answer is yes the ride was the first at Chessington to be rethemed to an IP.
Casting your mind back even further in time the ride was originally called Old Crocks Rally. I have scoured the internet for a POV of this incarnation of the ride. In short can someone post a POV.

Moving back to the return of Forbidden Tomb it would appear I am correct. I was looking on Facebook earlier today and came across this post and comment. A member of a group I belong to posted the following what are they doing to tomb blaster? One of the Admins replied It’s getting a refurbishment but is likely to be delayed for half term alas.
This is the photograph that prompted the question.

I'm just going to post what Craig said again after having to remove a post:

Agreed. Can we get back to actually discussing Chessington now, not this pathetic arguing about who's right and who's wrong and for some reason "bets" between forum members.

Give your *serious* thoughts, opinions and information by all means, but the bragging and off topic posts need to stop please.

No more talking about bets or bragging about so called bets being won please. We've made it pretty clear.

Just a couple of questions about the ride that is now Jungle Rangers. As most of you will know Jungle Rangers is a rethemed version of Toadies Crazy Cars. Toadies was themed to The Wind In The Willows. Could I please if Toadies was officially sponsored by The Wind In The Willows. I ask as if the answer is yes the ride was the first at Chessington to be rethemed to an IP.

The ride originally opened as Old Crocks Rally according to this source (Toadie's Crazy Cars at Chessington World of Adventures | Theme Park James) and was originally sponsored by the AA.
It changed to Toadies Crazy Cars in 2001 and the Wind in the Willows figures added.
With something like a book IP the ride isn't "sponsored", Chessington/Merlin pay the publisher/author not the other way round.
Wind in the Willows is of course an old book and the author died in 1932 so the copyright expired in 2002, therefore its unlikely Chessington asked for any permission to use characters inspired by the book anyway.

Chessington have applied for planning permission to update the Explorer Entrance. Removing the ticket kiosks and turnstile entrances and replacing them with a new security area and entrance canopy, plus new theming feature.

xM1AB63.jpg

Have the plans changed? What’s happened to the Jumanji board plaza?

That’s just the public consultation art. The Jumanji board game plaza was added in the planning application and the Miami was moved to the left of the station.
BB7CEFC4-8A92-4692-8841-1FFF7DFD71DC.jpeg

The Miami is described as a ‘children’s ride’ on the plans, but this video of the same model looks like it provides a nice thrill.

That’s just the public consultation art. The Jumanji board game plaza was added in the planning application and the Miami was moved to the left of the station.
BB7CEFC4-8A92-4692-8841-1FFF7DFD71DC.jpeg

The Miami is described as a ‘children’s ride’ on the plans, but this video of the same model looks like it provides a nice thrill.

The Smashing Jump (if that's what it will be) is also described as a children's ride, but hopefully it won't be too tame either. :)

it’s not a smashing jump as far as I am aware it is a very small round ride for younger guests.

@Maelstrom could the circular ride on planning application be Rocky Express? Merlin could easily send Rocky to be rethemed,than relocate the ride to Chessy. Back in 2004 Chessington did just this with Samurai and Eclipse (Peaking Heights). These rides under went a refit prior to their respective moves to Thorpe and Chessy. There are many other instances of Merlin transferring rides between their Theme Parks.

@Maelstrom could the circular ride on planning application be Rocky Express? Merlin could easily send Rocky to be rethemed,than relocate the ride to Chessy. Back in 2004 Chessington did just this with Samurai and Eclipse (Peaking Heights). These rides under went a refit prior to their respective moves to Thorpe and Chessy. There are many other instances of Merlin transferring rides between their Theme Parks.

No, not sure why you seem obsessed with merlin relocating rocky express. Chessington have a ride not that dissimilar already. More likely a Zamperla Jump around or similar from another company, ie a ride for the youngest guests.