• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Does anyone know the reason for adding only one row the other way around? Surely if you were going to turn any rows around at all with it being a shuttle coaster you'd do half and half or all the same way. You're not really gaining anything from having one row the other way around?

Does anyone know the reason for adding only one row the other way around? Surely if you were going to turn any rows around at all with it being a shuttle coaster you'd do half and half or all the same way. You're not really gaining anything from having one row the other way around?

Bantz.

And allegedly solving the capacity problem. Maybe?

That looks like it could be quite decent, actually! I have been sleeping on Mandrill Mayhem a bit (I’ve been more invested in Exodus myself), but it looks to carry some decent speed, and it looks like it could be a decent family thrill coaster!

I’m not expecting it to be top 10 material or anything, but I certainly think it could be a really fun ride when I hopefully get on it later this year…

That looks like it could be quite decent, actually! I have been sleeping on Mandrill Mayhem a bit (I’ve been more invested in Exodus myself), but it looks to carry some decent speed, and it looks like it could be a decent family thrill coaster!

I’m not expecting it to be top 10 material or anything, but I certainly think it could be a really fun ride when I hopefully get on it later this year…
Nice to see some positivity here Matt. Even if Chessington could have done a lot better with the land that they were working with, this looks like a fun ride that most families could enjoy.

I love B and M coasters, but to me this looks entirely unadventurous and pedestrian.

Still don't understand why they have gone for a shuttle coaster that is likely to massively impede capacity.

Still a B and M will be a reliable, safe and comfortable investment for decades, so the choice of manufacturer is good, but the benefit of the actual layout for a park like Chessie eludes me.

For the first coaster at this park in such a long time it needed to make more of a statement.

I'd argue it does make a statement, just not the one that we expected. Ultimately Chessington have built something that is:

a) Totally unique.
b) Caters to the older members of its young demographic audience.

It launches. It inverts. And it does both these things in two separate directions in an uncommon seating position in the UK. Oh, and it's a colourful coaster for once.

Clearly, it's going to be bland for us, but from a marketing perspective and hitting the needs of its younger guests, I think it'll do the trick. It's a shame the capacity is going to be utterly atrocious, however.

I'd argue it does make a statement, just not the one that we expected. Ultimately Chessington have built something that is:

a) Totally unique.
b) Caters to the older members of its young demographic audience.

It launches. It inverts. And it does both these things in two separate directions in an uncommon seating position in the UK. Oh, and it's a colourful coaster for once.

Clearly, it's going to be bland for us, but from a marketing perspective and hitting the needs of its younger guests, I think it'll do the trick. It's a shame the capacity is going to be utterly atrocious, however.
Agreed, I think everyone needs to remember that we are not the target audience for this. As you say, the capacity will be absolutely terrible though. Ride time is around 60 seconds apparently, and Swarm can load in 45-60 seconds. Mandrill will probably take slightly longer to load due to the younger audience, but approximately we're looking at around 840 riders per hour or less.

Also, in the video above a siren can be heard as the train is launching. Could that activate every time the train dispatches or is it for something else?

Agreed, I think everyone needs to remember that we are not the target audience for this. As you say, the capacity will be absolutely terrible though. Ride time is around 60 seconds apparently, and Swarm can load in 45-60 seconds. Mandrill will probably take slightly longer to load due to the younger audience, but approximately we're looking at around 840 riders per hour or less.
840pph honestly isn’t too shabby, in my view.

It’s roughly on par with what Stealth and Nemesis Inferno typically achieve over at Thorpe, it’s higher than what Saw and Colossus typically achieve, and it’s also higher than what Rita and The Smiler typically achieve at Alton Towers.