• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
but then as they have said in supermarkets and buying none essential items
if you go and buy milk and bread then it ok to buy other stuff

go to B&Q buy a part for your loo, and some plants paint a and brushes, you are out anyway

:p

thats the work around

:rolleyes:
what are they going to do. come round your gaff and actually check the loo is broken :joycat:

and another thing
the news I just saw in my post that you cant wash your car !
:joycat:
can only go outside if its essential

by that rule then you cant go and sit in your garden,

world has gone mad

and another thing

That’s rubbish of course your allowed outside on your own property, as long as the car is parked on your property there is nothing anyone can do to stop you.

the old and vulnerable will be locked up for 18 months
this should have been the plan all along, and let the rest of us live our life as normal
That was the very first plan. But people didn’t like the number of predicted dead. We also needed time to set up the nightingale hospitals etc. Six weeks in lockdown means we are in a better to cope, having flattened the curve.

:rolleyes:
what are they going to do. come round your gaff and actually check the loo is broken :joycat:

and another thing

by that rule then you cant go and sit in your garden,

world has gone mad

it’s about trust. We are being trusted that if we go to the diy store and potentially put the staff at the store and ourselves at risk we are doing it because it is essential.

it’s about trust. We are being trusted that if we go to the diy store and potentially put the staff at the store and ourselves at risk we are doing it because it is essential.

Trust? Nah everytime you go outside you have your own personal police officer following each and every step to make sure your trip is "essential".

Really interesting interview

Sweden for the win

https://unherd.com/thepost/coming-up-epidemiologist-prof-johan-giesecke-shares-lessons-from-sweden/

add on :
from the gov thingie

"media has focused on counting deaths in the UK, but the "most useful statistic" is comparing the number of deaths in the same season in previous years to the death toll during the coronavirus outbreak"

so why will they not show the comparison between previous years and now?

what are they hiding

will they show the number of deaths so far are the same as every other year

Last edited:
Stories like this of hospitals running out of PPE are making me so angry. Why can't we turn UK businesses into PPE factories a
and another thing
the news I just saw in my post that you cant wash your car!

I popped to Tesco the other day and put fuel in the car on my way out using pay at pump. The jet wash was open so I gave the car a wash before leaving. Didn't need to go in to the shop once and had no interaction with anyone else. Others were using the drive in car wash....

:eek:
you know how damaging the auto washers are to car paintwork
all those brushes with bits of stone trapped in them :confused:

doing it by hand is best way

I live by that moto

Stories like this of hospitals running out of PPE are making me so angry. Why can't we turn UK businesses into PPE factories
Well, there's reports of UK companies that want to produce it but nobody at the government is listening to them or helping to facilitate it. It's shocking if true.

:eek:
you know how damaging the auto washers are to car paintwork
all those brushes with bits of stone trapped in them :confused:

doing it by hand is best way

I live by that moto

I always was my car by hand, those auto car washers uses recycle water from previous car washing which contains grit and scratches the paint work. I use three buckets, one for washing the wheels, one for washing the car and the third to rise the microfiber mitts from any dirt before I dip them in the clean soapy water bucket. I wash my car weekly and I also wax my car every three months.

My neighbour were giving there car a wash for the first time the other day, they were using a pressure washer :eek:

At the moment, my little red sports car is just sat on my drive, I can't wait to be able to go for a drive again with the roof down with the wind blowing in my hair

Well, there's reports of UK companies that want to produce it but nobody at the government is listening to them or helping to facilitate it. It's shocking if true.

facilitate and back handers go together where the government is concerned.

I always was my car by hand, those auto car washers uses recycle water from previous car washing which contains grit and scratches the paint work. I use three buckets, one for washing the wheels, one for washing the car and the third to rise the microfiber mitts from any dirt before I dip them in the clean soapy water bucket. I wash my car weekly and I also wax my car every three months.

My neighbour were giving there car a wash for the first time the other day, they were using a pressure washer :eek:

At the moment, my little red sports car is just sat on my drive, I can't wait to be able to go for a drive again with the roof down with the wind blowing in my hair

I can tell you from someone that has done some engineering on auto car washes in the past. The ones I worked on which are the most common in the UK. Only use a fraction of recycled water. The water that is recycled runs through a fine filter. Besides it is pretty much impossible to pass grit through the extremely fine water jets. Maybe you've had a different experience. But i know the most common types, it is physically impossible to spray grit and other foreign particles back at the car.

Ive washed my cars for 15 years in auto car washes. Not once had any damage. I even wash my brand new RS4 in auto car washes. If that isnt a show of confidence then I do not know what is.

Anyway. Sorry to vere off topic.

Sweden to have herd immunity by next month.
Yet we are all still locked up :(

SWEDEN could achieve "herd immunity" as early as next month, according to the country's health chief.

"We're still at the level we were at a couple of weeks ago. There was some kind of peak before the Easter weekend, and now there's some kind of downturn.

According to our modellers, we are starting to see so many immune people in the population in Stockholm that it is starting to have an effect on the spread of the infection," he said.

Our models point to some time in May.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11430899/sweden-could-have-herd-immunity-next-month/

Sweden to have herd immunity by next month.
Yet we are all still locked up :(

SWEDEN could achieve "herd immunity" as early as next month, according to the country's health chief.

"We're still at the level we were at a couple of weeks ago. There was some kind of peak before the Easter weekend, and now there's some kind of downturn.

According to our modellers, we are starting to see so many immune people in the population in Stockholm that it is starting to have an effect on the spread of the infection," he said.

Our models point to some time in May.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11430899/sweden-could-have-herd-immunity-next-month/

our original plan was no lockdown to get herd immunity. But people didn’t like the death forecast.

becusse the Tories underfunded our NHS for years it wouldn’t have coped and we would of had more deaths.