• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I see out astronomically dumb government have been lying about having conversations with supermarkets about food supplies.

Shocked I tell thee

I see out astronomically dumb government have been lying about having conversations with supermarkets about food supplies.

Shocked I tell thee

Someone in the government probbaly had a quick chat with a shelf stacker in their local Tescos. That counts, right!?

I think it's past contract tracking now. Found out we have a case about 20 doors down from where we live.

I think by the time Alton opens we will be well past 1000 cases. No wonder when so many Brits are so relaxed about this meeting just another cold/flu

I think by the time Alton opens we will be well past 1000 cases. No wonder when so many Brits are so relaxed about this meeting just another cold/flu

I mean that literally *is* what it is though?

Slightly more severe, sure, but that's what it is.

Chill dude

Reactions: Tom
I definitely think we will see a spread but not on the scale of swine flu - by the looks of it they're pretty similar. I'm sure this will blow over soon. The government have been useless though.

I think it's past contract tracking now. Found out we have a case about 20 doors down from where we live.

You are either trolling or you have some deeper seated anxiety issues that may benefit from some professional help.

If it’s the former stop it, if it’s the latter then please make sure you seek some.

It's too late. What will be will be. The futures not ours to see. If we survive then cool. If not oh well

Reactions: Tom
how can people be so calm about this.. :confused:

personally Im too young to die yet :(

Because most people are rational and not sucked into this media frenzy.

The chances of you getting it are minuscule. And if you were really unlucky and did get it you'd probably get ill for a week and be fine. Have you ever had a serious bad dose of Flu? It can really knock you for six. I've had it twice in last few years and it's bleeding awful. Literally struggle to get out of bed etc. But you recover and get better. The world keeps spinning.

The only people who are vulnerable in all this are the elderly and sick. They are the ones at most risk. But they are are risk anyway because they're elderly and sick. it kind of goes with the territory. When young healthy people start getting it and dying then it's time to worry. But it won't come to that. SARS and Swine Flu were supposed to wipe out loads. Never happened.

Below is a case of mild symptoms if it makes any of you feel better. And yes that's probably a best case scenario but it shows this isn't the end of the world for everyone.

It's here, large majority of us will get it I think.

Do all you can to spread the effects over a longer period of time so health service can cope. ie wash your hands etc etc. It's the best we can hope for.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/coron...lains-what-the-illness-feels-like-80075845933

Do people not like their grandparents? All I'm hearing left right and center is how we shouldnt worry because it only effects old people.

Supermarkets update: Every single store I've been to this week has completely sold out of Pasta.

Bumped into an acquaintance from Kellogs/Pringles who deals with the Merlin buying team. They're not ordering anything until they've made a concrete decision of whether or not their attractions will open.

Below is a case of mild symptoms if it makes any of you feel better. And yes that's probably a best case scenario but it shows this isn't the end of the world for everyone.

It's here, large majority of us will get it I think.

Do all you can to spread the effects over a longer period of time so health service can cope. ie wash your hands etc etc. It's the best we can hope for.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/coron...lains-what-the-illness-feels-like-80075845933

Large majority will get it? Where are you getting this from? Hahahahahaha

Less than 1% of all the people in China have it (much less actually) and that's where the virus originated. That's ground zero. So you think we're all going to get it but they all didn't?

Less than 1% of all the people in China have it (much less actually) and that's where the virus originated. That's ground zero. So you think we're all going to get it but they all didn't?
but this is going to last months and months and months, we will all be infected by the end

but this is going to last months and months and months, we will all be infected by the end

Can i borrow your crystal ball? Would love to know the Euro millions numbers for tonight.

You have absolutely no idea how long this is going to last so making these silly statements is the reason I'm calling you out on your stupidity. The situation in China is already dramatically improving for example. The rate of recovery is increasing tremendously every day that passes. 3,000 people have died in a country of 1.7bn. I'm not a math expert but that's not really a huge percentage is it? And that's where it started. They were always going to be the worse off.

Since the first person in the UK tested positive for Convid-19......roughly 250 people have died from alcohol related issues for example just to bring a comparison.

Stop over reacting.

Yes and they're all locked in their apartments and rarely go out. And if you think the stats and figures are real hahahahaha

Honestly, I know I’ve already said this a few times but I am absolutely the most anxious person I know, especially about bugs, and I cannot believe how much some of you are stressing. Please, for your own mental health, do anything you can to keep yourself calm. Limit the amount of times you are researching all of this to maybe once or twice a day (I get the feeling a lot of you are keeping constant tabs), take precautions which you should always take because there are always vile bugs going around, although I understand not with the same potential as this, and focus on getting through one day at at a time.

I’ll say it again, if anything is going to make all this so much worse, it’s panicking!