• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Worldometer is showing 42K active cases which is less then half the global count of 104k total cases with a 85% mild case rate. Seems pretty good odds to me and a global survival rate of 94% since the outbreak started against closed cases. Number of deaths has been steadily declining in the last week or two as well according to there graphs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was expecting a higher increase in numbers today so it's a surprise that it was not so high.

However, unless I missed it, I didnt notice how many cases they could not contact trace. Last I heard it was 8 . If that number was increasing then it would indicate more community spread
I'm not sure exactly how many cases are due to community transmission, but the last I heard was that the vast majority of our 206 cases have known links with foreign travel to badly affected regions.

Looks like fake news to me, but funny :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

https://newsthump.com/2020/03/06/ma...SrI7HBbuh18siTKCwtdBw2eyn-gBxgdlPKbhVun_6xXj4

So we have a government that are saying that during the coronavirus that the over 60's are elderly and vulnerable and so are those with underlying medical conditions...

...but yet these are the same government that say's that they are all young enough and fit to work until they are 70 :confused:

The other thing that I can see this coronavirus causing, is the upsurge in OCD and anxiety cases.

So we have a government that are saying that during the coronavirus that the over 60's are elderly and vulnerable and so are those with underlying medical conditions...

...but yet these are the same government that say's that they are all young enough and fit to work until they are 70 :confused:

I have been wonder the same disparity as well.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I'm all set to go down to my local corner shop to pick up some eggs and milk

acIahga.jpg

(Disclaimer, it's not my photo or me)

The number of deaths in Italy is huge compared to other countries except China. Then I saw this breakdown today

Percentage of deaths by age group:
90+ years old: 6% of deaths
80 - 89 years old: 42% of deaths
70 - 79 years old: 35% of deaths
60 - 69 years old: 16% of deaths

The number of deaths in Italy is huge compared to other countries except China. Then I saw this breakdown today

Percentage of deaths by age group:
90+ years old: 6% of deaths
80 - 89 years old: 42% of deaths
70 - 79 years old: 35% of deaths
60 - 69 years old: 16% of deaths

I think a lot of this steams from Italy’s culture of having like 3 generations within the same household

Updated risk assesments aplenty clogging up my inbox at the moment. We've all been told to clean our workstations with the provided antibacterial wipes. That'll work great on this Coronabacteria that's doing the rounds.

When told the door handels were being cleaned, we asked if anyone was cleaning the entry code keypads. We were told no, they hadn't thought of that.

Half an hour in to the show, a member of the crew had to run to the loos, projectile vomiting. They were not seen again.

Everyone around me on the tube home just now was speaking frelling Italian, I swear to Wardley.

Updated risk assesments aplenty clogging up my inbox at the moment. We've all been told to clean our workstations with the provided antibacterial wipes. That'll work great on this Coronabacteria that's doing the rounds.

When told the door handels were being cleaned, we asked if anyone was cleaning the entry code keypads. We were told no, they hadn't thought of that.

Half an hour in to the show, a member of the crew had to run to the loos, projectile vomiting. They were not seen again.

Everyone around me on the tube home just now was speaking frelling Italian, I swear to Wardley.

I mean nausea only effects like 0.2% of cases, but the Italian is a little worrying

The words "Must be food poisoning from the canteen" were said loudly over talkback by a person higher up the chain of command than myself.

;)

As time goes on there is some interesting research articles be being published. Here's a thread I follow which has been recently updated if anyone is interested but yes it seems this virus will return year after year. Another study indicates the severity of the disease has decreased over time...

As time goes on there is some interesting research articles be being published. Here's a thread I follow which has been recently updated if anyone is interested but yes it seems this virus will return year after year. Another study indicates the severity of the disease has decreased over time...

Very much looks like it could be starting to burn itself out which is a good sign.

In other news as well; Germany have discovered how the virus transmits through the body, using an enzyme called TMPRSS2, for which there is already a drug produced to block which is clinically approved in Japan for another illness. This potentially has taken months to years off of a treatment/vaccine.

At work ( an agricultural college) biosecurity protocols means we have a IPC system in place on farm and animal care unit. Some of these have been extended to the non animal contact teaching area.

So we are fairly well covered and did not forget entry keypads, proximity fob readers ( yes people do touch them) and automatic door operation buttons, push plates on doors, etc, etc.

As for the Italian speaker, maybe it a few people with GCSE Italian think if i speak Italian on the tube, all the other buggers will actually give me some blooming space.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

China have reported a dramatic fall in new cases and its now below 100. They are going to start opening up schools and colleges in the affected areas starting in the next week or so apparently.

If ground zero is improving so quickly then there is definitely no need to panic for us at all.

People need to stop losing their minds.

No need to panic :confused:

I wish my irrational brain would get the message :(

I know how difficult it is, and I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but having to deal with things is what makes you less anxious.

After I had my pregnancy and giving birth, suddenly life felt a lot easier even though it automatically was a lot harder, because I can’t imagine anything that can come for me that is worse than giving birth! And I am such an anxious person, it doesn’t mean my anxiety has gone away. It is just a lot more manageable and I can think a lot clearer.

You might not ever get this virus and if you do, you will probably get over it quickly. But what you are being forced to deal with is the fear and knowing that you can get through it will help you. It really is the only way.

No need to panic :confused:

I wish my irrational brain would get the message :(

I have a fun game you can play to help ease your anxiety.

Go laugh at people buying toilet roll in huge quantities to help them against a Respiratory virus.

Not sure if school has changed much since I left but I know the respiratory system had nothing to do with your backside. Hahahaha