• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
China have reported a dramatic fall in new cases and its now below 100. They are going to start opening up schools and colleges in the affected areas starting in the next week or so apparently.

If ground zero is improving so quickly then there is definitely no need to panic for us at all.

People need to stop losing their minds.

True..... But look at the methods China have used. Can we see that happening in the West?

True..... But look at the methods China have used. Can we see that happening in the West?

I believe so, Because the case falls have been occurring since China relaxed a lot of the sanctions on the quarantines.

I think this is more timing related with the virus burning itself out then draconian quarantine measures honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started watching the film contagion tonite. Only managed 30 mins before I turned it off

Can see how fast this will spread and is doing

People not taking it seriously and thinking it will all blow over. Now worries are those that spread it more.
:(

If you go out just keep you hands in your pockets and don’t touch anything.

Or just don’t go out.

Ever

Worldometer update shows 42k active cases now, with a 94% global recovery rate since day zero, and 86% presenting mild conditions.

ea9373a05fe9375e5b6d0129e525e4b9.jpg

3b2a789cc0dac07c0e1e0848f458a3d1.jpg

These two graphs pulled from worldometer show a decline in serious cases and a large decline in death vs recovery.

I’m still cautious as per earliers conversation but somewhat positive in outlook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Italy have quarantined 16 million people now.

They can’t leave or do anything until 3rd April

How long till that’s us :(

Can't wait to have a couple of weeks off work fully paid. Get some stuff done around the house, do some Ebaying, do some exercise at home. Will be great. However, it's not going to happen.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it mate, it won't happen. They may close schools etc at some point but there's no way they'll just shut everything down. They know what that will do to the economy and they will avoid it at all cost.

I'm already a hundred quid light due to elderly punters and me having a temperature, but no other symptoms.
The sad thing was, the Beach is still shut on weekdays.

I've a couple of friends who live and work out in China and are right in the heart of the epidemic centre and they are fine, they recon that all the precaution measures for controlling the virus is OTT. They are not at all worried.

As for conspiracy theories, my sister recon that China deliberately released the virus to clear the streets of all the protesters. If anything that conspiracy theories have taught us over the years, they usually are just theories and aren't true.

aldi made a interesting purchase decision in current situation.
6c34e1ca13201fb1338528a9c4914d92.jpg

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Italy as we know is really struggling and their hospitals are now at breaking point. A news item published today indicates they may have to resort to turning older people away in favour of treating people with more years to live. Senior doctors here in the NHS have also indicated they may have to do this.

Can you imagine your parents or grandparents turning up at hospital unable to breathe and just left to die? (Your browser should translate)

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2..._richiede_regole_certe_-250594687/?refresh_ce

Interestingly, the government is now working on the assumption that 500,000 deaths and 80% of the population infected is a "worst case scenario", and that they actually expect around 100,000 deaths, according to the paper headlines shown in BBC News: https://apple.news/AsWdyFB2zQkOEHx9ngnCexw
Judging by the government's assumption that deaths will only be a fifth of the worst case scenario they are planning for, then that means that they only expect 16% of the population to get it in reality, as opposed to the 80% that they're planning for.

Interestingly, the government is now working on the assumption that 500,000 deaths and 80% of the population infected is a "worst case scenario", and that they actually expect around 100,000 deaths, according to the paper headlines shown in BBC News: https://apple.news/AsWdyFB2zQkOEHx9ngnCexw
Judging by the government's assumption that deaths will only be a fifth of the worst case scenario they are planning for, then that means that they only expect 16% of the population to get it in reality, as opposed to the 80% that they're planning for.
I think they are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.