• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Interestingly, the government is now working on the assumption that 500,000 deaths and 80% of the population infected is a "worst case scenario", and that they actually expect around 100,000 deaths, according to the paper headlines shown in BBC News: https://apple.news/AsWdyFB2zQkOEHx9ngnCexw
Judging by the government's assumption that deaths will only be a fifth of the worst case scenario they are planning for, then that means that they only expect 16% of the population to get it in reality, as opposed to the 80% that they're planning for.

The whole death number totally depends on the quality and availability of healthcare in the various countries as has been proven by the figures starting to now emerge.

Bearing in mind the NHS has the lowest number of ICU beds in Europe , this doesn't bode well for the country unless they can find more or dare I say it, build some temporary hospitals like they did in China although I'm unsure who would staff them.

Meanwhile I'm unsure why we are sitting back waiting for this widespread transmission to take place in the UK. We should be proactive in stopping things getting to that point whereas we and other countries are being reactive. Take Russia for example, they closed their borders immediately and are quarantining anyone entering the country for 14 days. As such they have less than 10 cases.

Maybe that's the plan though..... China and Russia emerge relatively unscathed as the year progresses while the rest of the world is plunged in to chaos....does make you wonder!

Not much luck down the toilet roll isle, try you luck at your local arcade

ljKHcjC.jpg

Maybe that's the plan though..... China and Russia emerge relatively unscathed as the year progresses while the rest of the world is plunged in to chaos....does make you wonder!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Funniest topic of the year & funniest member award wrapped up for 2020.

Major supermarkets are rationing items. Dry pasta, bottled water, long life milk, tin veg, children medication and antibacterial cleaning products.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

In another update, the 100,000 deaths figure I mentioned earlier is now the "worst case scenario" as opposed to the 500,000 that was mentioned before; it would seem the government is growing more confident in us being able to manage the virus.

Also, I did see somewhere that we could have a warmer than average spring (March-May), with temperatures predicted to be around 23 degrees by the end of April, so that could help to curb the major spread of coronavirus to an extent.

Major supermarkets are rationing items. Dry pasta, bottled water, long life milk, tin veg, children medication and antibacterial cleaning products.

Well its not worked in my local who have nothing left, either that or they cant be arse to restock the shelves :rolleyes:

Well its not worked in my local who have nothing left, either that or they cant be arse to restock the shelves :rolleyes:
My local aldi is only stocking the toilet roll shelve once an hour to extend stocks.
They say the on shelf stock lasts 18mins. Although as i was chatting to them about all this stock pile rubbish. The gave me a pack of 4 out of the back. As i was going to buy kitchen roll to use a loo roll.

My local Aldi was out of bread and toilet roll yesterday but the booze was fully stocked.

I’d rather die drunk with a dirty ar** than sober with a clean one.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Funniest topic of the year & funniest member award wrapped up for 2020.

Not really, I think it should go to you when you said I voted conservative in the last election instead of getting your facts straight first.

Also, I did see somewhere that we could have a warmer than average spring (March-May), with temperatures predicted to be around 23 degrees by the end of April, so that could help to curb the major spread of coronavirus to an extent.

ROFL Australia says hi.

It's summer in Australia now (well coming to the end of it, but still "hot as frak" according to my friend and way above 23 atm), and they have almost as many cases as we do.

A lot of our cases now I expect are from people who have been in self isolation. It'll be interesting to see if cases begin to slow down mid week being about 2 weeks since people came back from Feb half term or if they continue at the current rate.

A lot of our cases now I expect are from people who have been in self isolation. It'll be interesting to see if cases begin to slow down mid week being about 2 weeks since people came back from Feb half term or if they continue at the current rate.
well with the gov saying there will be about 100,000 deaths alone, I can say we will see a massive escalation in cases very soon

At present there are 30 cases which cannot be traced to any travel abroad so unless social distancing measures come in I would expect exponential growth now

o_O so the gov just let him fly back into the country, no testing or anything. Lucky he self isolated, but how many other people didnt. :(

A British man who has been diagnosed with the coronavirus has told Radio 4's Broadcasting House that he was "shocked" at the lack of information and testing when he arrived back in the UK from a skiing holiday in northern Italy.

He flew home from the Austrian city of Innsbruck, just across the border from Italy, to Manchester Airport last weekend.

"It was rather strange... when, we got in to Manchester [airport] there was no mention of coronavirus whatsoever - no advice, no checks... I was a little shocked to be honest," he told the BBC's Luke Jones.

He said he and his wife took the decision to self-isolate after being in a ski resort packed with local tourists.

He describes the illness as starting with "a bit of a dry cough - and then suddenly feeling feverish".

He attended a pod for a swab test after speaking to NHS 111 and learned he had tested positive three days later.

"By self-isolating, think of all the lives we've saved," he said, on the radio.

He says he is now "well-recovered". His wife did not test positive, but both remain in self-isolation.

"We are both self-employed and this is affecting our income a little, but you've got to do what you've got to do - and we did the right thing."

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world...6514238d956f0669ae3d69&pinned_post_type=share