• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
What a surprise, the new laws applying to the North, North West and North East were unveiled on the day they came into effect.

I think to have any credibility going forwards the government really need to disclose and discuss the laws properly and explain the reasoning behind them. For example, people might question if a pub shutting at 10pm is actually going to help reduce infection rates, since most infections are occuring in private dwellings and chucking everybody onto the streets at the same time is probably counterproductive. They need to be open with the science because just expecting people to blindly follow laws unveiled without any reasoning isn't a way to maintain public support.

PS. One gem hidden in the new laws... in the north, not more than one person is allowed to sing in a pub, restaurant or café!

What normality Matt?
The world recession one, or the post brexit one?
Normality will not be resumed by next September.
Optimism getting in the way of a realistic view of the future.
What I meant was any semblance of what life was like pre-COVID, without social distancing measures or face masks.

If the whole UK population has been vaccinated by September 2021, as this document seems to suggest, then surely there would be no need for restrictions, at least on a UK level?

Trump has covid. The press are saying they don't know how this will affect the upcoming debates.
I have a fair idea. He will zoom in to it and they can then mute him when it not his turn.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

So he gets out of the disastrous presidential debates and then reappears just before the election in good health saying it was "just like a cold"...

Too cynical?

I hadn't thought of it like that! Probably is being too cynical, but stranger things have happened.

Meanwhile, imagine the outcry on social media had this been a Tory MP.... Doesn't really bother me who it was that did it, whether it be an MP or Joe Bloggs from down the road, what an utterly stupid thing to do!

So he gets out of the disastrous presidential debates and then reappears just before the election in good health saying it was "just like a cold"...

Too cynical?

With most presidents and PM's you'd say probably not, but much like Boris, previous behaviour suggests this is not exactly outside his repertoire of lunacy.

Its also interesting as to whether he will lose voters as Trump seems to have more covid deniers and anti-maskers in his camp.
There's a conspiracy...*puts on foil hat :tinfoil:*.... that Trump could be incapacitated and Spence takes over. His final act will be to pardon Trump of any pending criminal cases. Trump makes a miraculous recovery ready to retire. Surely not!...*removes foil hat :grinning:*

2nla4n5.jpg

I hadn't thought of it like that! Probably is being too cynical, but stranger things have happened.

Meanwhile, imagine the outcry on social media had this been a Tory MP.... Doesn't really bother me who it was that did it, whether it be an MP or Joe Bloggs from down the road, what an utterly stupid thing to do!

Just imagine, there would of been 15 pages on here alone.

This actually is the most stupid thing that anyone even remotely in the public eye has done since this started, she could have single handily infected 1000’s, if a death is traced back to her she should be done for murder, a fine is not enough for someone as stupid as her, it should be porridge.

At least Nicola Sturgeon has done the right thing and ask for her resignation (she cannot force one).

Was just as stupid as Cummings. But the mental gymnastics for his defence were still going strong. That said she'd not get done for murder (if you could trace a death back to her), only manslaughter.

Plus it then questions why any MP should have to travel across the country to London to vote in the current climate. But then again I think the likes of JRM wanted to remove proxy voting pretty quickly.

The difference between this and when Tories have misbehaved is Sturgeon's swift and appropriate response.

She was in the wrong. Badly. She has been expelled from her party. Rightly so. Nothing more to say.

If only the Tories had responded in the same way.

At least Nicola Sturgeon has done the right thing and ask for her resignation (she cannot force one).

Was just as stupid as Cummings. But the mental gymnastics for his defence were still going strong. That said she'd not get done for murder (if you could trace a death back to her), only manslaughter.

Plus it then questions why any MP should have to travel across the country to London to vote in the current climate. But then again I think the likes of JRM wanted to remove proxy voting pretty quickly.

Didn’t Cummings drive alone in a car? So that makes this incident significantly worse.