Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by Jb85, 14th Feb 2020.

?

Coronavirus - The Poll

1. Not had test

47.5%
  2. Tested negative

45.9%
  3. Tested positive

6.6%
  1. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

I have seen today the incridlebe rate at which people are being vaccinated. They are getting through the lists considerably faster than planned locally to me, and vaccinating beyond the bookings where physical vaccine numbers allow, calling in next in line and front line workers ahead of schedule.

It really is something. With the opening of the regional hubs I can well believe everyone will be offered the vaccine ahead of current predictions if the physical production can keep up the current pace.

Islander, BarryZola, Burbs and 2 others like this.
  2. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Skyscraper, Islander and Matt N like this.
  3. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    With regards to the Vaccine rollout, I personally feel quite optimistic and got that feeling that this might be that rare occasion where this government has for once has under promised and will over deliver. I feel it will be feasible to offer all adults a vaccine by the summer

Ethan likes this.
  4. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Another bit of fresh optimism for you all that should hopefully put us in good stead for when vaccination is more prevalent; Israel has vaccinated 25% of the population, and has already seen a 50-60% decrease in COVID cases. That shows that the vaccine will definitely have an effect once plenty have been done, which makes me hopeful for the lockdown lifting timeline.

Ethan, RoyJess and Alsty like this.
  5. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    I think we should wait and see on that front, @RoyJess. There's plenty of time for the government to cock it up yet.

Ethan and BarryZola like this.
  6. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    BBC News - Covid-19: Vaccination rollout begins for over-70s in England
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55698132
    Ok, I don't usually say anything good about the government but they seem to be doing a good job this time!

Matt N and RoyJess like this.
  7. delta79

delta79 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    The NHS and Military have worked together in a way never seen before. Also they partner organisations are pushing on hard with their efforts in support.

The government has to do something big to screw up vaccination, as it is out of their hands now.
    NHS vaccination and military logistics are working together running the show. Along with a national volunteer organisations.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Islander and RoyJess like this.
  8. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Advice time...
    Best mate, rocky patch after 20 years, times hard.
    I love em all.
    Legally, in a genuine situation, can I offer a bolt hole under the rules?

9. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Yes, the governemtn should lead by example. But no where in the rules does it state that you should not go out to a park for your exercise over the weekend. I'm all for pulling up the government and ministers where they have messed up, and that has happened far too often. But this is not one of those cases. Exercise is deemed as a necessary reason to leave home. I did it over the weekend.

I don't like Hancock but to be fair to the chap he has been working flat out for the best part of a year. Family time is probably quite limited so I am not going to have a go at him for using some of his free time to play rugby with his son in a park.

rob666, jon81uk and Islander like this.
  10. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:
    It's not about breaking the rules, it's about putting out mix messages and not leading by example. I presume that you haven't seen the public information video that Boris put out for this weekend? I don't think Boris plea was any clearer to the public. It's a case of "Boris Say's, not as Matt do"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Did you read the article, it was said he was playing rugby with his son and caked in mud.

Whether that is an appropriate form of exercise is another question, but he wasn't just walking alone.

I think going out for a walk from your house absolutely should be permitted, but driving or using public transport to get somewhere shouldn't be done.
    Not sure if playing one-on-one sport should be done or not, but it doesn't seem to be against the rules.

I agree its a non-story but its hard to see whether he was doing anything wrong or not, but it was reported as more than just a walk.

Oh I'm not making a judgement on whether he should have been playing rugby with his son (its not against the rules) and we don't have information on how he got to the park. But walking or cycling to the park to play rugby is fine.

12. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Problem is the government has to deal with a population of which the majority are sensible and understand the rules around going out to exercise and keeping away from other people, and a minority which either think the virus is a hoax or that they will go to the most crowded places to “exercise”.

In that case the easiest thing to do is just send out a general “stay at home unless you absolutely must go out” message.

MaxPower likes this.
  13. Danza91

Danza91 TowersStreet Member

I've been highly critical of Hancock and the terrible decisions he's made, but I'm pleased to see him outdoors exercising with his son. A good boost for their physical and mental health.

14. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    No I did not see that. If it was so important to not go out over the weekend then I'm sure it would have been all over the news and there would have been a prime time broadcast/press conference.

Exercise is clearly allowed. There is no mixed messaging in that regard. If those who are working during the week would like to exercise when it is light outside during the days at weekends then in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

Islander and Plastic Person like this.
  15. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Excellent, excellent news; scientists have now been able to confirm that the new variant discovered in the UK does not affect the efficacy of the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines.

Hopefully this bodes well for protection against the other new variants.

Alsty, Skyscraper and Burbs like this.
  16. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Do you have a link to this? Not seen this news myself and would like a read...

Matt N and Skyscraper like this.
  17. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:
    Matt N and Skyscraper like this.
  18. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    It was given a mention within an article I saw earlier regarding vaccination of over-70s starting; I’ll see if I can find it...

GaryH and Skyscraper like this.
  19. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

I think you're being generous there tbh. I'd say there's more than a minority of idiots in this country. In fact, it seems like most the population don't give one to me

20. Tom

Tom TowersStreet Member

Many of the people that voted Conservative in the last election (29% of the adult population) are the biggest Covid Deniers and Lockdown Resistance Advocates. That is the problem when you whip up populism and theories that big powers are constantly conspiring against you.

Jonathan likes this.