• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I'm hoping that Scarefest won't be affected, but I feel that this may go on beyond the summer season. but not as severe. There is no way we are going to contain this. I don't trust this government and I don't think that they have been fully up front about this. The truth is, this is a new strain of virus and even the experts don't fully know all the answers.

The NHS website say's "Because it's a new illness, we do not know exactly how coronavirus spreads from person to person."

Not everyone will have gotten the virus by the end of the year, so there will still be people at risk from getting it. They don't know if once you get it, whether you can get it again, normally you can't with viruses unless it mutates like the flu or common cold that it mutates and then you can get it again and again year in year out or more than once during the same winter season.

Hopefully Scarefest wont be affected, after all the London Marathon has been postponed till October, so hopefully all this will have been blown over by then.

There is an interactive map on the ITV news page, where you can click on various regions to find out where the confirm cases are and how many. Looks live I'm currently safe here in Norfolk, but how long for?

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11...-cases-in-your-area-with-our-interactive-map/

At the moment evidence suggests you gain immunity (there are two strains however). One key thing to remember is Flu and cold do mutate so you can get repeat infections but because you have been exposed to it before (or you have immunity passed from your parents), the symptoms are lessened. This is why Flu’s fatality rate is lower as even though you get the illness due to mutations your immune system has a bit of a head start in fighting it.

Also we don’t need 100% herd immunity to slow transmission. There will be a tipping point which is currently predicted to be around 50-60% where the immune population slows transmission.

gov say self ioslate, do NOT phone 111 do NOT go to A&E

stay at home and die...:rolleyes:

It's fucking stupid comments like this that get people panicking and get them doing something stupid like heading down to a&e.

Considering your own self proclaimed issues you'd think you'd have better sense. You don't know the state of mind of the person you a speaking to.

Take test (seems like you should though)
https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

the odd thing is though I feel capable of working still, doing normal things - just a bit achey and coughing.

I guess this is the issue now - how do I know if I have it? If I self isolate but don’t have it and then in a month or so time get it, where will I stand with work etc

It's ****ing stupid comments like this that get people panicking and get them doing something stupid like heading down to a&e.

Considering your own self proclaimed issues you'd think you'd have better sense. You don't know the state of mind of the person you a speaking to.
well thats what they said on the news last night

COJa0DV.png

Mail article is a bit extreme. Should people be calling 111 for a tickly cough? Absolutely not.

Do you have a genuine concern over your health, are you having a continuous cough, with a fever? Then yes. You should call 111.

If you have difficultly breathing then call 999.

The point being made last night was that if everyone calls for a cough, the service will be overwhelmed. As everyone keeps talking about.

Be smart, be reasonable and monitor your condition and whether you ACTUALLY req medical assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mail article is a bit extreme. Should people be calling 111 for a tickly cough? Absolutely not.

Do you have a genuine concern over your health, are you having a continuous cough, with a fever? Then yes. You should call 111.

If you have difficultly breathing then call 999.

The point being made last night was that if everyone calls for a cough, the service will be overwhelmed. As everyone keeps talking about.

Be smart, be reasonable and monitor your condition and whether you ACTUALLY req medical assistance.

it may be the Mail, but the are quoting government advise
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ed-or-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

Official statistics at this time have little relation to the actual numbers of infected out there now at this point. Most people with mild symptoms are evidently not being tested but simply being advised to stay out of contact with others. I pretty much ignore the official figures now, apart from the deaths of course which are easier to count for definite. This thing is pretty much everywhere now and talk of stopping flights etc into the UK is pretty much futile now as it's already been spreading from within for a good while.

Will still be at Towers when it opens and hoping for short queues due to the current panic. However, there's a decent chance that it won't even open so that could scupper plans.

well thats what they said on the news last night

The message on the news was not stay at home and die.

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment

I think it might have been, but this isn't really the place for that. This poster has themselves been in the edge of sanity and reality for a while on this thread, along with others. You'd think they'd have a bit of consideration for the state of someone making an apparent serious enquiry about it. It's a long way from helpful to them and anyone else with worries reading.

The message on the news was not stay at home and die.

I think it might have been, but this isn't really the place for that. This poster has themselves been in the edge of sanity and reality for a while on this thread, along with others. You'd think they'd have a bit of consideration for the state of someone making an apparent serious enquiry about it. It's a long way from helpful to them and anyone else with worries reading.

given I am the person enquiring I just chose to ignore it. Get your point though

given I am the person enquiring I just chose to ignore it. Get your point though
Feeling cold can be a symptom of a fever, if you have any way of taking a temp. Do so. If it’s high ring 111 or follow the link provided earlier a few comments back in the thread