• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
In the pub - Shaun of the dead style

thanks all for your help especially @RoyJess and @GaryH - I am making the decision to self isolate for 7 days

I feel what I have may be something of nothing but it seems the correct thing to do to hide away. Will keep you all posted
Good to hear think it was correct decision. whilst hopefully it is nothing it doesn’t hurt to be cautious.

TBH, "self isolating" is the right thing to do even when there ISN'T a doomplague causing panic. As I said, given the fact that morons are actually washing their hands now, it will be very interesting to see what the infection rates of generic manflulurgy are once this is all over.

News just broken, thr government is publishing new emergency legislation to take effect next weekend to "ban mass events".

Does this mean Theme Parks?

I think anywhere which will have large groups of people together will be sensible to avoid. While most of Alton is outside, indoor attractions like hex, gangster granny, duel, etc will potentially cause spread of the virus. Let's hope things will improve for scarefest.....

News just broken, thr government is publishing new emergency legislation to take effect next weekend to "ban mass events".

“Mass gatherings could be banned in the UK from as early as next weekend amid the outbreak of coronavirus”
“A government source said ministers are drawing up plans for the move - to ease pressure on emergency services“

Could. Not. Confirmed yet

I think anywhere which will have large groups of people together will be sensible to avoid. While most of Alton is outside, indoor attractions like hex, gangster granny, duel, etc will potentially cause spread of the virus. Let's hope things will improve for scarefest.....

Queue lines are the issue. No way will they be open.

This may not mean theme parks. There's a different reason to the 'mass gatherings ban' than many think. If they follow Scotland's reasoning for banning gatherings of over 500+, this isn't due prevent the spread of the virus but to ensure that emergency services resources aren't overly strained with them having to attend these events.

Since police/ambulance presence at Towers is rare away from major events like fireworks, it's unlikely this ban would prevent the parks from opening.

The fact that the sporting organisation has taken the lead in banning mass gathering at their own events, does this show that our current government has loss the plot to take the lead? This country has taken criticism for not acting sooner. South Korea has implemented action sooner and has the virus well under control and saving lives.

I never voted for Boris, he just all full of hot air and just seams to duck and dive, he certainly can't lead. He just lives in a world of fantasy (still waiting for his Thames island fantasy airport to materialise)

I think it will only be a matter of time before we see all tourist attractions closing here in the UK.

In the pub - Shaun of the dead style

thanks all for your help especially @RoyJess and @GaryH - I am making the decision to self isolate for 7 days

I feel what I have may be something of nothing but it seems the correct thing to do to hide away. Will keep you all posted

I wish you well and hope you recover soon and the same to all your family.

The fact that the sporting organisation has taken the lead in banning mass gathering at their own events, does this show that our current government has loss the plot to take the lead? This country has taken criticism for not acting sooner. South Korea has implemented action sooner and has the virus well under control and saving lives.

I never voted for Boris, he just all full of hot air and just seams to duck and dive, he certainly can't lead. He just lives in a world of fantasy (still waiting for his Thames island fantasy airport to materialise)

I think it will only be a matter of time before we see all tourist attractions closing here in the UK.

I wish you well and hope you recover soon and the same to all your family.

Bojo has all but said the economy needs to take priority so remember everyone when your elderly relatives are dying it's all for the greater good so the bankers can still award themselves huge bonuses

I think a lot of governments are waiting to see what happens when SK relax the restrictions. There is a real worry the infection rate just shoots back up again once people start moving.

o_O

Well then ...
1o9ejc.jpg

I think a lot of governments are waiting to see what happens when SK relax the restrictions. There is a real worry the infection rate just shoots back up again once people start moving.

This government keep saying that they are doing what the science say's, but I just can't help keep thinking that each time they say that they are going by the science that we are all simply human guinea pigs to their scientific experiment in controlling this virus. Only time will tell if the UK have gone down the correct route.

Apart from when it mutates.

Indeed and thats something ive been considering. Lets say 40% of the population get this strain and thousands die, it could come back in the winter as another strain and we start over again.

This is exactly what my earlier post was getting at, I do feel that this is not simply going to blow over and go away, this is probably going to change the way we live in the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping that Scarefest won't be affected, but I feel that this may go on beyond the summer season. but not as severe. There is no way we are going to contain this. I don't trust this government and I don't think that they have been fully up front about this. The truth is, this is a new strain of virus and even the experts don't fully know all the answers.

The NHS website say's "Because it's a new illness, we do not know exactly how coronavirus spreads from person to person."

Not everyone will have gotten the virus by the end of the year, so there will still be people at risk from getting it. They don't know if once you get it, whether you can get it again, normally you can't with viruses unless it mutates like the flu or common cold that it mutates and then you can get it again and again year in year out or more than once during the same winter season.

Hopefully Scarefest wont be affected, after all the London Marathon has been postponed till October, so hopefully all this will have been blown over by then.

There is an interactive map on the ITV news page, where you can click on various regions to find out where the confirm cases are and how many. Looks live I'm currently safe here in Norfolk, but how long for?

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11...-cases-in-your-area-with-our-interactive-map/