• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
@GaryH not really no - I ache my throat is raging and I can’t stop coughing. It’s a dry cough. And I describe my chest as tight like when you get hey fever. No real temperature. If anything I feel cold!

Ok 90% of people get a fever, granted there are 1 in 10 that dont, but chances are if this was Coronavirus then you would have a fever. However, last week myself and my partner had the following symptoms, see if they are similar as I think there may be another bug going around:

Very sore throat with swollen glands in the neck
Feeling extremely nauseous as if we are going to throw up all the time
Very tired
Extremely bad headache as if something was resting on our eyelids
Feeling very cold all the time but no fever, actually our temperature was under what it normally is!
Edit : forgot we both had a dry cough, not all the time, but worse in the evenings.

If you can relate to these, then chances are you have some other bug which is doing the rounds as a few people down here have gone off work with similar....

Ok 90% of people get a fever, granted there are 1 in 10 that dont, but chances are if this was Coronavirus then you would have a fever. However, last week myself and my partner had the following symptoms, see if they are similar as I think there may be another bug going around:

Very sore throat with swollen glands in the neck
Feeling extremely nauseous as if we are going to throw up all the time
Very tired
Extremely bad headache as if something was resting on our eyelids
Feeling very cold all the time but no fever, actually our temperature was under what it normally is!

If you can relate to these, then chances are you have some other bug which is doing the rounds as a few people down here have gone off work with similar....

thanks @GaryH - take the headache and nausea and replace it with joint ache and your spot on here. I suspect I don’t have it but the advice is to isolate. Which is very confusing

I think I owe it to my employer to lay the facts down on Sunday evening and let them decide if they want me in or not. I can work from home.

does the isolation apply to the family - kids etc?

this is why you need some medical advice like 111 but we’re being told not to ring

There's a lot of conflicting advice being given in here, please be aware that advice will and has changed as time goes on. To be clear, everyone should be using the link posted already to the NHS 111 Online website.

This will give you a series of questions to answer which will lead you to the latest advice being given at present.

thanks @GaryH - take the headache and nausea and replace it with joint ache and your spot on here. I suspect I don’t have it but the advice is to isolate. Which is very confusing

I think I owe it to my employer to lay the facts down on Sunday evening and let them decide if they want me in or not. I can work from home.

does the isolation apply to the family - kids etc?

this is why you need some medical advice like 111 but we’re being told not to ring
In an ideal world you would totally isolate yourself inc family and kids. However for most people that’s unrealistic. Do what you can to minimise exposure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We didnt have any body aches @Jb85 , though remember any cold or virus can cause this. We did have upset stomach the first 2 days however.

As far as isolation, we haven't bothered in terms of in the house, we both feel the same in terms of illness, not concerned about the little one as he is 7 and wont be affected. I think isolation in the house is extremely difficult, because the virus sheds before we have symptoms so chances are people in the house will have it to give how infectious it is. We don't think this is coronavirus but did work from home Wed and Thurs and had leave today anyway. We will see how we feel Monday.

Its tricky isnt it because without testing you will never know. Check 111 website, but if I would keep an eye on my temperature and any problems breathing. If you get problems breathing, call 111 immediately.

But remember, there are lots of other bugs and viruses out there, not just Coronavirus.

:(
no where is safe
Yes. However, by following the guidance from the department of health. You can keep the risk factors down.

the risk will never get to zero whist its active. Nothing in life is 100% risk free.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Some advice please

I have a sore throat cough developing since this morning my joints ache and my chest feels rattly like it does when I get hey fever

Should I self isolate ?
also will it be hilarious if the premier league season is cancelled and Liverpool fail to win the title

Yes

thanks @GaryH - I suspect I don’t have it but the advice is to isolate.

Yes you will need to self isolate

Following taken form NHS website which has all the latest information https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:

• a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
  • a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.

Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.

Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
  • you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
  • your condition gets worse
  • your symptoms do not get better after 7 days

Self isolation advice link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/

L
Just to add to this thread, China thinks the first case of this virus was in November, so chances are some of us may of had this already, especially given the number of reports of people having their "worst flu ever" in December.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...november-china-government-records-show-report
i was thinking today last November I was very sick. Had a bad cough for weeks and felt bad for even longer.
Maybe that was it then and I’m now immune

Meanwhile if this thing does rumble on for months as now seems likely, the impact on the leisure industry will be catastrophic. For all we know the likes of LWV, Oakwood, Pleasurewood Hills (and maybe some far bigger names) may not reopen. Would anyone want to take any of them on once all this is over..?
@John raises a very good point; even though we probably shouldn't be worrying about theme parks at this point in time, what could this pandemic mean for the future of the amusement industry as we know it? This presents arguably the biggest threat to the tourism industry since 9/11, if not further back than that.

If the park closures that have today been announced across the world are sustained for any long period of time, then that's a lot of money that's being lost. I know that the smaller parks are the most at risk, but I don't think the larger names are necessarily bulletproof, either. Many have suggested that the economic effects of this pandemic could lead to a second bankruptcy for Six Flags, for example. Looking at share prices of all the major park operators, they have been absolutely obliterated by this pandemic. Combine that with the threat of a global recession apparently looming, and we certainly don't look to be in the best of times financially.

I definitely think that the largest operators (e.g. Disney and Universal, and even the likes of Merlin, Cedar Fair, SEAS etc.) will have the financial resources to ride out the storm. But what about the smaller parks without these substantial financial resources? Even for those that survive, could it affect major investments for a period?

It's an interesting question, and I think the answer might partially depend on how much longer parks are forced to close for. I don't personally think that the effects of this will last for too long (maybe a couple of years), but I definitely think we will see effects if it drags on for any major period of time.

Just got back from the pub. It was busy, but not "Friday night" busy. More like a Wednesday.
Even though the government is yet to impose major distancing measures, I think some people are beginning to distance themselves out of nerves, which is a fair measure to take if you're nervous, especially if in a high-risk category.

But how are we supposed to wait for all this to blow over‽
Video games pizza and beer :D

And in other news. Watched the c4 virus thing.
Apparently Boris wanted to put the shit in people when he said to prepare to loose your loved ones.

When people are scared they do as they are told.

:mad:
Thanks for the sleepless night Boris

Ya gob shite

I placed an order for another four beer kegs today.

But given that I've been waiting on several overdue deliveries lately, and not had ANY post for the last three days, I won't get my hopes up.