• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Plenty more bike rides and walks in the open air over the next few months though which is fine

Be careful where you mention that, according to some by doing that we are contributing to the problem and should be locked up for our own good (this is what I was told the other day when I said I was going to fly my drone, alone, in a field a mile away from the nearest other human because I was bored and sick of watching the BBC fear mongering).

No it's for everybody now.

Although I'm slightly confused with the latest advise, if I go for a walk with the wife (because we are not infected) we have to stay 2 meters apart, yet when we get home, it's ok to jump into the same bed together.

Very confusing....

UK emergency legislation published
  • Allowing police and immigration officers to support and enforce public health measures, including powers to detain people and put them in appropriate isolation facilities
:eek:

we are all screwed.. police state here we come

Maccies has closed all seating areas from tomorrow morning. Only take-away and drive-throughs available. Before you all chime in, yeah, it's crap food, bla bla blaaaa. I know.

UK emergency legislation published
  • Allowing police and immigration officers to support and enforce public health measures, including powers to detain people and put them in appropriate isolation facilities
:eek:

we are all screwed.. police state here we come

That only applies, in theory, if you are showing symptoms, they wouldn't just lock up me for walking the dog (if I had one).

But yea, they'll never rescind it.

National Trust are closing a lot of their places now too:

"Following the Prime Minister’s advice on Monday 16 March the National Trust’s Director-General Hilary McGrady said that our pay-for-entry sites including houses, cafés and shops, will close by this Friday 20 March.

We'll work, where possible, to keep as many of our gardens and parklands open, free of charge, alongside coast and countryside, to encourage the nation to enjoy open space, while observing social distancing measures."

LOL we got the same message from the club, indoor flying cancelled (totally understandable) but the flying field is open as normal, just employ social distancing measures, it'll be quiet though as there's only about a dozen of us in the club (of 100+) that are under 70 and of those even less are fit enough to walk the mile up the track (since its flooded you can't drive up it).

My dad is 78 in a week and he's still adamant he's going on holiday over Easter, he checked with the un-named company earlier today and they still maintain holidays are going ahead (this is in uk) and if you cancel you loose out, as he said if he gets it and it kills him, he's had a good life. I suspect this companys policy may change though especially since their rival Center Paris shutdown, we are supposed to be going to Norfolk in three weeks too, could get interesting...

Do we think the youth of today could become the issue ? Especially with attitudes like this

145fb5b120cbfecf3e18653aab27f1fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we think the youth of today could become the issue ?

Zzzzzzz.

What is people's obsession with blaming young people for everything in life?

It is the government who should make these decisions. If they close everything down then people will have no choice but to stay at home. If not then people are free to exercise their free choice.

Pub was busy yesterday, a real mix of age groups in there (including plenty of over 70s which did surprise me).

Clearly that kid is a bit of an idiot though.

Zzzzzzz.

What is people's obsession with blaming young people for everything in life?

It is the government who should make these decisions. If they close everything down then people will have no choice but to stay at home. If not then people are free to exercise their free choice.

Pub was busy yesterday, a real mix of age groups in there (including plenty of over 70s which did surprise me).

Clearly that kid is a bit of an idiot though.
Without generalising that particular post by AT has a lot of these comments by the younger generation. I agree the government should take the lead here, but the social responsibilities of some of the younger members of our society is clearly missing. I am still seeing lots of posts on instagram of youngsters in clubs, pubs etc. And I think this could be an issue moving forward and the government should act. There seems to be a group in society that just don’t get it.

Overall update, yesterday was the worse day so far. Breathing became a hard work. Felt like bricks on my chest m. Couldn’t get warm at all and my cough was still persistent. Waking up today though I feel a little better. See how the day goes.

Stupidity is more contagious than the virus itself. And it affects all age groups. If anything, there seems to be a 'keep calm and carry on' attitude amongst the older generation which is equally dangerous.

Hope today is better for you @Jb85 maybe you've got over the worst of it now.

They are ignorant to the fact it is affecting younger people. This is partly due to the media basing all their findings on Chinese data. The difference is while younger people in China could get access to the bed in one of the temporary hospitals and get oxygen, this isnt the case in other countries. We will see more younger people dying in the West than in Asia due to the lack of available resources.

And yes, this stupid attitude of some youth will cause this virus to spread even further. Unfortunately, it wont hit them until it starts taking away their loved ones, but by then its too late isnt it.

PS. How you feeling JB?

They are ignorant to the fact it is affecting younger people. This is partly due to the media basing all their findings on Chinese data. The difference is while younger people in China could get access to the bed in one of the temporary hospitals and get oxygen, this isnt the case in other countries. We will see more younger people dying in the West than in Asia due to the lack of available resources.

And yes, this stupid attitude of some youth will cause this virus to spread even further. Unfortunately, it wont hit them until it starts taking away their loved ones, but by then its too late isnt it.

PS. How you feeling JB?
[mention]delta79 [/mention] hi both yeh ami summarised should yesterday was a bad day. Cough worsened and chest felt like someone had put bricks on it. Slightly better first thing today though so hopefully turning a corner. Thanks for asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone moaning about the actions of young people when someone on the same page mentions their elderly dad still planning on going on holiday in Easter.

Stubbornness isn't just borne of one age group. Nor is idiocy.

I'm going down to a 3 day week at work. Not sure what government are planning for those in the manufacturing industry. But all our enquiries have dried up and it's only a matter of time until a few more industries shut for the time.

I'm still not overly worried by this at all. My wife is a nurse and is cool as a cucumber about it too. Most of us already have it or are going to get it at some point over next few months. It's inevitable. All we can do is try to ensure the elderly and the people with serious health issues are looked after. The rest of us do have to 'keep calm and crack on' to a degree. I hate that phrase with a passion but it's never been more apt. Everyone who is panicking isn't helping anyone.