• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
ventilators:
Ford, Honda, car parts firm Unipart, digger maker JCB, and aero-engine maker Rolls Royce are among companies looking into the feasibility of switching some production.

well IF i need one I want the Rolls Royce model

Thats all well and good but we need staff to operate them. ICU staff in some trusts are now looking at 3 people not 1-2-1 care

my sister thought to go out for a run, usually very quite in the park, never see people here...
she sent me these
ended up running in circles trying to avoid people

martial law is coming if people carry on !

PCgMi9L.jpg

i was thinking the same. just popped to the shops and the local park was the busiest i have seen it in a long time, as if it was a warm summers weekend

if you tell people not to do something they do it,
prevent them from doing it they do it even more
I think its human mentality
even crept up on me, pubs closed I feel the need to go to a pub, even though I havent been to a pub for a drink in years

People haven't been told to stay at home though, by going to parks, woods, gardens etc rather than pubs, bars, shopping centres, play centres, leisure centres they are following current advice. Whether you agree with the advice is a different matter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

but the advise it to social distance, 2 metres apart, not hang around outside in large groups

the idiots in Australia on Bondi beach yesterday !
No large groups over 500 and ...

Just had to slop to the oposite side of nodnoL to see a man about a dog. Thu tube is only running every 15 minutes. This means it is packed and people can't leave a respectable space between seats.

They are now playing the following recording on loop at stations:
TFL services are now for essential key workers only. If you are not a key worker, do not travel.

I reckon there will be old bill / army checking papers at the entrance to every station by next week.

but the advise it to social distance, 2 metres apart, not hang around outside in large groups

the idiots in Australia on Bondi beach yesterday !
No large groups over 500 and ...

Those pictures you posted appear to have 2 meters between each "family group". To expect 2m between each person is daft, I share a bed with my wife and cuddle up on the sofa with my kids, no point me being 2m away from them in public.

Last edited:
I reckon there will be old bill / army checking papers at the entrance to every station by next week.

Well, it would be interesting to see what happens if they refuse a key worker.

The catering company at work has said it not providing food. So mr johnsons we are supporting key works child care is a lie.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Just had to slop to the oposite side of nodnoL to see a man about a dog. Thu tube is only running every 15 minutes. This means it is packed and people can't leave a respectable space between seats.

They are now playing the following recording on loop at stations:

You can blame that one on the Mayor, his logic was "people are not respecting the two meter rule while on the tube so let's cut the amount of trains running to make them"

The guy is a frigging idiot that shouldn't be in charge of running a bath let alone a city.

We are self isolating at home, so hopefully we won't have contact with anyone. I don't think our neighbourhood gets it, looks like all the elderly around here are going out as normal to the shops and other things. Fortunately we have a back garden to relax in when the weather is nice.

Could have throttled my neighbour the other day. We have a notice on our front door saying that we are in self isolation, leave all letters and packages in the box down the side of our home. Our door bell rang, so I went out of the side door to the front where I can keep a good distance and called out. It turned out to be the lady from next door. She had a package delivered to her, but it wasn't hers. In order to show me, she came right up to me, so I step back, but no, she moved closer again. It wasn't even my name or house number on the package. I did tell her it wasn't mine and I had no idea who it was for. The bottom line is, we are isolating for a reason, that even means don't ring our door bell and if you need to, stay back and keep a safe distance.

With regards to the food crisis

0Ns0Url.png

and this made me laugh

tWt90e8.jpg

Those pictures you posted appear to have 2 meters between each "family group". To expect 2m between each person is daft, I share a bed with my wife and cuddle up on the sofa with my kids, no point me being 2m away from them in public.

sorry
oTuCI6d.png

Im so confused by this
they say the model of deaths predict if nothing was done 510,000 people would die,
but they didnt takin into account how many would have died anyway.
it goes on that 500000 die in the uk every year

therefore only 10000 people would die if nothing was done, or am I missing something

so with everything the gov are doing there should be hardly any deaths
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51979654

I was unsure too; I think they mean 510,000 deaths of people with coronavirus, but I'm not 100% sure. They may be implying that a percentage of the death toll from coronavirus may have been part of the country's death toll anyway.

In terms of death rate predictions, the government has said this with regards to the different strategies:
  • If we did nothing, the government predicts that 510,000 would have died.
  • If we had stuck to our original "mitigation" method, the government predicts that 250,000 would still have died.
  • Under our current method, known as "suppression", the government has said that 20,000 or less would be a "good outcome".