• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/national-trust-to-close-parks-gardens-mothers-day-a4394046.html

Hopefully will go a little way to stop people being stupid and going out

I can’t even reply to any of the self employed as just makes me so angry and winds me up. Not that I’m surprised the gov throw us on the trash heap again

Do you even know what the current advice and guidance is? We are not under a curfew.

People going out are not stupid, it's fine to do so if you practice social distancing. Go out, walk the dog, go to shops for essentials. Just don't interact with anyone you don't already live with and follow the hygiene guidance.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

I do like how people get lockdown and social distancing confused.

At the moment we can go about visits people, places without too much restriction.
Unfortunately people are not following the requests for social distancing.
I seen so many things that don't follow social distancing that i won't even list them.

I have had to put a big sign up on the door of the building containing Estates at work saying 'The college is operating a NO handshake policy' as contractors still want to shake.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

The problem is @pluk is the vast majority are not practicing social distancing, I had to go out yesterday for milk and I had a young girl in front of me coughing continuously BUYING BEER, I gave her 2 meters and idiots jumped into the gap, then the idiot behind started complaining that I'd left too much room, when I told him if he got any closer he'd have to buy me dinner, he looked at me with a gormless look on his face and simply didn't get it.

Three of us cut the grass at the club yesterday and managed to do it without getting within 5 meters of each other, it was quiet funny shouting across the field talking, but our throats soon good sore so we resorted to radios, but a good 95% of people I've seen outside are not practicing social distancing and will no doubt complain when we are under full quarantine.

Catching up with news. See everyone yesterday flocking to Skegness. Bridlington and other seaside towns.
Into the lakes. Like it’s a holiday weekend
:(

Boris tonight will be locking us all down

Just see Chatsworth closed their gardens to stop people

I actually think that a large proportion of those people travelling to open spaces are well intentioned. They are following the advice that getting outside away from other people is okay. The problem is that too many people are doing the same thing, so places that you might except to be quieter are actually extraordinarily busy.

Perhaps what people should have done when they realised a quiet seaside walk was actually going to be packed, is turn around and go home.

I do like how people get lockdown and social distancing confused.

At the moment we can go about visits people, places without too much restriction.
Unfortunately people are not following the requests for social distancing.
I seen so many things that don't follow social distancing that i won't even list them.

I have had to put a big sign up on the door of the building containing Estates at work saying 'The college is operating a NO handshake policy' as contractors still want to shake.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Social distancing if you're fine, lock down if you're ill. However there's a third gambit of avoid unnecessary travel which people seem to be flouting or unable to comprehend. People are heading to the coastal towns, beauty spots and other areas and putting those local hospitals under unnecessary strain. Especially when they bugger off and leave the local area to deal with the fallout 2 weeks later. Areas that generally have elderly populations as well.

Hospitals in areas like Snowdonia are usually regional cottage hospitals and then you have to get to Aberystwyth or Bangor for the main ones. I had a friend who fell on a glass and had a puncture wound at Shell island. It took nearly 2 hours to get him to Bangor and it's not a massive hospital.

Good call on the handshake policy but it's depressing that people still haven't realised by now that shaking hands is a no.

I’ve been thinking about this - would it be at all possible to suspend the financial system?

Suspend rent and mortgage payments all loan payments until this is over . Then the government gives everyone £1259 per month to get food with. Put Marshall law in place with only a nominated person going to the shops once per week. That way you solve shortages and the social interaction issue. Two months and I think it would stop the spread.

Whilst I think the government has done a good job - I don’t think they have gone far enough

035d74681f62bb8871c2738235daab59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£1200 a month for food ?!
:eek:
Kill everyone with diabetes :joycat:
My food bill is probably £100 a month.
I think that amount would take everyone in the country into account. If you have a large family, for example (I'd probably say a household with 5+ people in it) then they would probably spend in excess of £200 on food per week, so £1200 seems like a realistic amount to get them by for 4-5 weeks.

I think that amount would take everyone in the country into account. If you have a large family, for example (I'd probably say a household with 5+ people in it) then they would probably spend in excess of £200 on food per week, so £1200 seems like a realistic amount to get them by for 4-5 weeks.
We’re a family of six - £250 a week near enough covers it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice lady in the post office tells me of people posting toilet rolls...to Yorkshire.
Typical tykes, too tight to buy their own.

I'd like to see the government bring in food rationing for 12 weeks. Stop the brain dead idiots from stockpiling. I think most of us would sleep easier if they did this.

As for lockdown. I think things will get to that point eventually but for now, getting out is allowed and encouraged as long as households keep their distance. The problem is, with leisure venues closed then outdoor spaces will get busier than usual.