• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris 2014: 'Ratatouille' dark ride

Just had a good read through that, I really hope it is all true. The idea for Studios park seems great and exactly what is needed; a new coaster would be a real bonus.

I still think that a new major ride is needed for Disneyland Parc, but I suppose Star Tours 2 could act a bit like this. We didn't do Star Tours once in our four days there last week.

Encouraging signs, time will tell what exactly comes to life. Clearly they want to get Dinsneyland Parc in tip top condition ready for the 25th anniversary in 2017.

:)

Parc Disneyland needs a new ride along with all the refurbishment. I am glad it is recognised that the resort isn't good enough at the moment.

I couldn't agree more, as critical as it sounds, the resort isn't currently good enough not for a Disney Resort! So it is great to see that they are recognising that fact and these refurbes are most welcome! However Parc Disneyland is also in dire need of a new ride!

Granted they are doing Star Tours 2 and have also mentioned Soarin' which would be great too. But I can't help but feel it still needs more, something like Little Mermaid for Fantasyland would be brilliant!

Having visited last month, with @djtruefitt we agreed there is one thing they are in dire need of... Splash Mountain or just a big water ride! I know it's an age old discussion now and has been left out due to the climate. But on the day we were there the weather was scorching and an outdoor water ride with drops and actual wetness would have been welcome!!

I would personally love to see a Splash Mountain in Frontierland as they don't have a proper water ride there. I do get that France's climate is strange one which is why there isn't one there, but I think it would be a welcomed addition!

I'm afraid the only thing that will tempt me back to DLP now would be an Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye type ride.
Or possibly a multi launching, airtime filled Mack Mega Coaster. ;)

Reactions: Dar
I'm afraid the only thing that will tempt me back to DLP now would be an Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye type ride.
Or possibly a multi launching, airtime filled Mack Mega Coaster. ;)

Wow, that ride is demanding of an Illuminati conspiracy thread!

Not going to happen but a big unqiue Frozen dark ride in Fantasyland would go down a treat!

I'm actually really excited to see how Studios turns out if everything mentioned in the article goes ahead. As well as new rides it appears that their main aim will be placemaking, which I think is exactly what is needed. At the moment the park just feels lumped together. Although there are different areas there is no real solid distinguishing between them. If they change this and give each area its own feel then the park overall will have a far better overall feeling. If it goes well and to plan, then I think Walt Disney Studios in Paris will be a better park that Hollywood Studios in Florida; they already have a better ride line-up.

Going back to Sammy's post about a water ride they could attempt to do something that wasn't possible when the park opened and build a water ride that can be toned up or down in wetness depending on the weather. A Mack Super Splash can do just that.
Or go for a Rapids, they don't have to be complete soakers. Disney just needs to take inspiration from pre-existing European attractions.

A water ride would be ideal, the argument that because the park is open year round it is not suitable due to the climate is simply not valid. A water ride would be hugely popular during the summer months and is a must for all theme parks!

I find it really odd they don't have any water rides. Even on brisk days, the rapids always seem to get people on it, it's a communal ride that you can sit down on for a start.

Though, as I found out the other day the guns are usable by people other than TST unfortunately. For some reason, I didn't consider other people might actually pay money to soak strangers.

So, DLP hit capacity on Saturday. That's 52,000 at Disneyland Park and 78,000 combined at both parks. Here's what it looks like, thanks to BDG on TPR:

B3nWoW6IYAEsGg2.jpg:orig

B3mw0LMCMAEXLbm.jpg:orig

B3mvC9KCUAA_ssF.jpg:orig

B3mwjtWCEAAD-t9.jpg:orig

B3mtRK0CEAAJ4KF.jpg:orig

B3mtQOWCYAAWQBH.jpg:orig

Yeah, I'm rather pleased that I wasn't there. It makes EP at capacity (or close enough to capacity) look relatively dead!

Europa-Park had 55,000 guests in the park at the end of October and I would suggest it wasn't anywhere near as horrendous as what Disneyland Paris must have been like!

It's funny to think Europa-Park can admit more guests than Parc Disneyland.

Café Hyperion... just...WOW.

Thankfully Disneyland Paris was not as busy this week, and we had a really good time.

I really enjoyed Ratatouille. The ride vehicles look a lot better in person, and you quickly forget you are wearing 3D glasses. The themeing outside is great, and the ride experience is really enjoyable, with lots of little tricks here and there. It is essentially a lot of very large screens, but its the little things that make it special, and I think that it is a ride you could go on again and again, and spot something different each time.

With no height limit, this is a great family ride that can be enjoyed by all the family.

Ian

Reactions: Vik
In what possibly marks a new absolute low for DLP, they've projected KFC's logo onto the side of TOT for a special event.

EltvZUu.jpg

To make matters worse, popular net newspaper The Daily Dot has published an article entitled 'Disneyland Paris hopes this employee testimonial makes you forget its scandals'

The Daily Dot said:
Of course, it’s not surprising that Disneyland Paris doesn't compare favorably to its colleagues in Anaheim and Orlando—beacons of American achievement and infectious positivity that infect even the most cynical park-goer—as the French never really wanted the park in the first place. Over 20 years of fighting against this “cultural Chernobyl,” as well as disagreements over working conditions, have left the park with a workforce that is surly and disinterested, and who "ne veux pas retourner chez Mickey".

Surely the KFC image was only because of a special event (i.e. KFC buyout??) or something?

The other things raised in the Daily Dot are well documented.

Fascinating documentary about Space Mountain: From the Earth to the moon!

I am aware it's old but I hadn't personally seen it and figured some others may not have, either.

Last edited: