• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Resort, California: General Discussion

It does make me wonder how this will impact California for the rest of the year considering ever since Galaxy's Edge opened the park has been dead. Not saying it'll be a ghost town in the peak, but it'll be interesting to see the crowd levels.

I must admit, the land in California has received far more mixed reviews than I was anticipating, with many criticising the lack of audio and present lack of rides amongst other things.

This is easily one of the most bizarre openings ever seen in the industry. Disney raises prices and implement a restrictive guest preview system, and in managing these anticipated crowds, have seemingly put people off visiting. I love Disneyland, but when it's packed, which is most the time these days, it can be an eye-watering experience. They undoubtedly got greedy with the pricing however, and have pushed far over the mark acceptable to most middle-class families. I don't think it's fair to say SW:GE is a flop, per se, however. Disney will see it as a very long-term investment and they make thousands every time that Lightsaber workshop opens it's doors. Something is off, though, and making budget-cuts in the middle of July won't fix it. I think they perhaps overestimated the appeal of the entire franchise, which has been absolutely rinsed in the past few years anyway, with dessert parties and ride overlays and whatever else they can pin the brand on.

However, I anticipate that Rise of The Resistance will blow everybody out the water when it does eventually open.

I think there is also an element of Disney land Paris opening at play here too : people were told expect 2 hour extra ques around the park and thousands of more guests so they just put off going.... We deliberately went to Orlando before galaxies edge was due to open due to this as neither me or my partner are big StarWars fans

Majority of locals can't visit because passes aren't valid, tourists put off by the lack of both attractions being open...

If they flipped on the pass restrictions it'd probably suddenly be heaving...

After the Sony and Disney potential split over spiderman, I wonder what will happen to the under construction Spiderman ride as part of the Avengers themed area. It could mess up a lot of plans for disney.

Good on Sony for standing up to the greed of the house of mouse though.

After the Sony and Disney potential split over spiderman, I wonder what will happen to the under construction Spiderman ride as part of the Avengers themed area. It could mess up a lot of plans for disney.

Good on Sony for standing up to the greed of the house of mouse though.

As I understand it Sony only have a say when it comes to the films. What Disney do in the theme parks won’t be affected.

Disney have announced that the new Marvel themed area of DCA will be called Avengers Campus (this will also be the name for the area in Paris). Here is a new concept:

sdkfh30497234-1024x467.jpg

More details coming on Sunday!

Disney have announced that the new Marvel themed area of DCA will be called Avengers Campus (this will also be the name for the area in Paris). Here is a new concept:

sdkfh30497234-1024x467.jpg

More details coming on Sunday!

I get they want an avengers area, but surely it doesn’t work now with the old tower of terror being the collectors fortress, which is based on another planet. Unless he has moved it to earth or the avengers have moved their base off world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently at the Disneyland resort and rode Guardians of the Galaxy mission breakout today and thought it was fantastic. While I wouldn’t want the Florida Tower of Terror to change I am happy with the results of this makeover for the California resort (I had previously rode California’s TOT before the retheme)

However even better they currently have a Halloween overlay that kicks in around 5pm each night and it switches to Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters after Dark. I thought this version was soo good and up there with my top Disney attractions, it is so much fun.

Agreed, Monsters After Dark is brilliantly good fun and better than Mission Breakout!

Looks like Disneyland are looking to get both sides of Matterhorn running again, it is to be closed on weekdays over the next couple of weeks.

Looks like Disneyland are looking to get both sides of Matterhorn running again, it is to be closed on weekdays over the next couple of weeks.

yes it was closed when we where their last week during the week (we knew beforehand as was listed on the refurb list in advanced). Managed a couple of rides on the Sunday before it shut.

"The blaze broke out in what appeared to be the area between Jungle Cruise and the Disneyland Fire Department building."

Couldn't have picked a better/worse spot, really.

Reactions: Sam
Right by Walt’s apartment, which thankfully seems to be fine!

Disneyland and California Adventure will be closed from 14th March until the end of the month due to Coronavirus.

Last edited: