• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dollywood: General Discussion

Apologies for what is going to be a triple post, but some amazing photos have been added to the FireChaser Express website:

dsc_0416.jpg

dsc_0398.jpg

dsc_0392.jpg

dsc_0381.jpg

dsc_0366.jpg

dsc_0360.jpg

dsc_0340.jpg

dsc_0338.jpg

dsc_0335.jpg

dsc_0332.jpg

This looks awesome!

:)

I think it's true to say that, along with only a handful of USA theme parks, Dollywood is one of the icons and institutions.

Joel Manby, I knew his name rang a bell. He did an "Undercover Boss" I think it was at Silver Dollar City.

I think it would be hard to come across as that genuine repeatedly as Joel appears to, and not genuinely care about your parks/visitors and that seems to show along with Dolly in how much it makes you want to visit. Not just for the rides, but for what looks like a wonderful atmosphere.

Looks a fantastic place, and 300m of investment over ten years - eclipsing Merlin (supposed 2nd biggest theme park operator?) will see this park become a world class destination.

Dollywood?

You're doing it right.

And that family coaster makes me excited and brings that kid like wonder out in you again!!

I'd love to visit this place!

^ beautiful ride!

Screamscape said:
2014 - FireChaser Express - (2/17/14) According to this local news report, construction is still looking to be on schedule for Dollywood’s new FireChaser Express coaster, despite the winter challenges. I’d look for testing to begin by the end of the month, and if all goes well FireChaser Express will be ready to open for Passholders on March 21st and to the general public on March 22nd.

Dollywood are just so damn competent. Especially when you consider the complexity of this ride, with that terrifying-looking launch-track-flip-reverse station.

Dollywood on FB said:
TGIF and thank goodness for the good weather this week. The load station for FireChaser Express is taking shape. Can't wait to make some memories with heroes of all sizes! #LoveEveryMoment

1970707_10152279145232240_1072393875_n.jpg

Lovely looking station, really dreamy!

Dollywood posted some more photos of this beautiful coaster to Facebook yesterday:

1450702_10152287706732240_566306887_n.jpg

1972388_10152287706692240_1728462613_n.jpg

1609891_10152287708957240_723336730_n.jpg

A new and really good video about the coaster can be seen here.

It's due to open on March 22nd so not long to go!

What a depressing thought to consider I'll be at Towers on the day this brilliant and gorgeous looking coaster opens. If I ever get the chance to visit Dollywood, I'd honestly skip straight past everything to ride this first.

Danny said:
What a depressing thought to consider I'll be at Towers on the day this brilliant and gorgeous looking coaster opens. If I ever get the chance to visit Dollywood, I'd honestly skip straight past everything to ride this first.

Really? I'd be straight onto Wild Eagle!

Also, I never realised what a stunning park Dollywood is aesthetically. Saw this picture posted a couple of days ago on FB:

dollywood-tn.jpg

The location of Dollywood is probably one of the best in the world, but they are in the Smokey Mountains after all...

Beautiful park, beautiful food... I definitely need to get back there...

Alastair said:
Really? I'd be straight onto Wild Eagle!

Also, I never realised what a stunning park Dollywood is aesthetically. Saw this picture posted a couple of days ago on FB:

The whole park is beautiful, so no matter how many images of Wild Eagle are thrown in my direction I still wouldn't change my mind. Obviously I wouldn't turn my nose down at Wild Eagle but Firechaser Express is just an adorable little roller coaster that I'd want to give a hug if it was in human form. It's a great looking family coaster with plenty of care and effort invested into it, surrounded by a stunning location and I simply can't say no to that.

Dollywood are basically the American EP in terms of how they seem to care for their park!

Stevie said:
It's really depressing. We'll never have a park like this in the UK.

Maybe not, but there are dozens of them in Europe, from the Puy du Fou to Efteling, most within very easy and cheap access of us Brits. If you live in large swathes of the world, especially South East Asia and South America, it's impossible to get to any good parks! :)

Screamscape said:
2015 - Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort - Confirmed - (2/28/14) New construction images showing off Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort site have been posted here. Looks like we could see the start of serious vertical construction very soon.

uwfgL5c.jpg

This is going to be absolutely HUGE! :eek: