• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dollywood: General Discussion

It looks amazing and it has a very good ride time! Puts Thirteen to shame really.

:)

If Thirteen's ride prior to the drop was like this (or even Polar X-Plorer) it would be so much better than it is...

Dollywood are very good at what they do, and I can imagine this will only improve ride-wise when the trees grow back...

Bonus points for the fire effect too... Brings it up to 2 coasters there that use it (Mystery Mine, though Blazing Fury is arguable)...

I think this looks rather crap to be honest. The ride itself looks all right but the theming, scenery and whole experience doesn't look very Dollywood.

From Dollywood's Facebook:

1291696_10152385293047240_6497800208647284442_o.jpg

Dollywood's DreamMore Resort opens Summer 2015. Did you know that you can receive exclusive benefits by joining The Founders Club? Become a member and receive savings on the best available room rate or receive a free room upgrade during select times of the year. http://bit.ly/1lHCIf7

Lovely! :)

That looks stunningly beautiful. But what else should we expect from such a park?

10155599_10152459649672240_5569315961821497169_n.jpg

Rendering of a DreamMore Resort room. Bleh, looks pretty uninspiring to me. It's a shame that so few parks seem to have the ambition with their hotel rooms to try and go for a themed environment like Matamba or Ling Bao.

Even as a gay straight man (damn forum) I have to say I found that article a fascinating read.

Dollywood said:
1609923_10152905481377240_8802229885666034017_n.jpg

Today Dollywood's DreamMore Resort reached another major milestone as the resort's highest point was installed during our topping out ceremony. Attention on the construction process will now shift inward as we prepare for the opening in summer 2015!

From Screamscape regarding 2016:
Screamscape said:
Big things are in the works for Dollywood in 2016. According to a statement from Craig Ross, President of The Dollywood Company, the park will make a huge announcement next year about a major 2016 attraction described as “one of the biggest single attraction additions in our 30-year history for 2016.”

Interesting! I wonder what it could be, coaster or dark ride I guess.

Last edited:
Rumours surfacing slowly that it IS a Mack Launch.

Just finding a few hints around, nothing major, but not big long list of blueprints been seen nonsense either.

More like a, hint hint, keep watch which to me usually has a bit more credence.

If they DO get a Mack Mega after all, that park is going to be some place to visit!

I'd forgotten about this! A Mack launched would fit the park perfectly I think and it seems the type of attraction they could go for. If it was to be heavily themed as well then it would be quite something! Fingers crossed, it would make me want to go to Dollywood even more than I already do!

I'd forgotten about this! A Mack launched would fit the park perfectly I think and it seems the type of attraction they could go for. If it was to be heavily themed as well then it would be quite something! Fingers crossed, it would make me want to go to Dollywood even more than I already do!

I know it's all speculation, but you know when sometimes it just makes sense, and pieces fit together?

Very small rumour of Jukebox Junction, an area I believe that would fit a dragster theme perfectly?

Yes, it's whispers, very quiet ones, but those to me sometimes have a bit more too them.

Imagine a Mack Mega dragster themed, that 50s style!

All the big Macks (lol sorry) that have been built thus far, are stylish, or serious, or... China, it would amazing to see how they fit into a light fun theme to add to an area rather than totally dominate them as they do now. (NOT a bad thing btw).

10172351645_b6ed57dc28.jpg

I meant to post this a while back but forgot. A short teaser video for Dollywood's 2016 coaster was shown during a presentation earlier this year:

Screamscape have now posted this also:
Screamscape said:
(4/2/15) I believe we have the name to Dollywood's 2016 hot rod themed attraction. Herschend files for a new trademark to use the name SHOT ROD on March 19th, 2015. The description of the application says "Entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park ride, namely, a roller coaster with a classic car theme".

All shaping up to be a launch coaster. I'd imagine we'll hear more sometime around the summer.

Latest rumour is that it will be the Worlds first Launched RMC wooden coaster after the success they had with Outlaw run at their other park Silver Dollar City. I would think a Mack/intamin launch coaster would fit the rumoured Hot Rod theme better though.